2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams that score the match's first goal on a penalty kick in this year's World Cup:

-Are 0-2-0 with a combined goal differential of -6

-Have failed to score again in that match

-Have allowed 8 unanswered goals

-Are former World Cup champions

-Reached the semifinals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa

Can you guess which teams I'm talking about? :P

25yzwqg.png

Uruguay played most of the game as 4-4-2 and it just goes to show how vunerable and outdated tactic it is.

glory10.png

If Rooney is not being played in his best position then drop him. Wilshere is a poor mans David Batty, He brings nothing new when he comes on just passes it sideways or backwards all the time. Wasteful. We lack the killer touch in the final third. Well played Italy. Pirlo dictates the play.

glory10.png

This is how the game is supposed to be played. Much better than theta South American/African style of play. Real football is Europe.

If that game was your example of "real football", count me out. Yaaaaaaawn.

I made a promise that if Los Ticos won this game, I'd head down to Costa Rica right away.

I'd better get packing.

Promise aside, I definitely suggest Costa Rica as a tourist destination. It's beautiful.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Really rooting for the Elephants here. Possession in their favour, but they just can't capitalize. 1-0 JPN.

On a side note, since the world cup expanded to the 32 teams, this the 5th world cup since, there has never been more than 8 games played consecutively without a draw. With Brazil, Mexico, The Netherlands, Chile, Italy, Costa Rica and Colombia all winning, #8 is this JPN-CIV game, #9 would be Ecuador-Switzerland.

I love Ivory Coast's colors. Both their orange and their bright green make me feel good.

Also I'm glad I'm watching this because I drew Japan for the World Cup redesign contest and this whole time I've been working on their set I thought their hot pink was red. Blue and pink is way more interesting than blue and red. I can work with that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived