2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

Except more than 9/10 times, the offensive player has nothing to do with the final touch that put the ball back in the net, it's always almost a terrible shot or a miss that someone from the team puts into the net.

That Benzema goal hit the post and was coming back out, then the goalie just fumbled it into the net. If the ball was already going into the net, then it would have been Benzema's goal.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and anyone want to guess how ugly it's going to be for Bosnia coming up here?

Maybe you aren't familiar enough with this Bosnia side. Anchored by Roma's Miralem Pjanić and Manchester City's Edin Džeko up front, a slew of Bundesliga defenders in the backfield, and plenty of options off the bench, this Bosnian squad will most likely finish second in the group and advance to the knockout stage. They should give Argentina quite a contest tonight, especially considering their motivation with all the tumult back home (and Argentina's startlingly mediocre and inexperienced defense).

I think I predicted that this match would end 3-2 in favor of Argentina when I made my predictions earlier this week, so I'd expect a scoreline along those lines.

25yzwqg.png

I follow AC's sentiments, the Argentina v Bosnia match is going to be close. I think Bosnia will be coming out attacking from the opening whistle but Argentina will find their rhythm and control the first match. I think Argentina will win 4-2 in the end with Messi a pair of goals and Di Maria with another one.

As for the controversial goal French goal, Goal Control decided it was a goal not even 10 seconds after it was scored. The system works, like the Premier League system, and should be relied on for the future in all domestic leagues as well. What a bumbling mess that own goal was and what the hell was Palacios thinking when he charged into Debauchy in the back, not even coming close to play the ball. He knew he was already on a booking from a previous foul not even 10 minutes prior to that penalty kick situation. I can see Honduras crashing out of this World Cup with no wins. Onwards for Les Bleus!

What bothers me is that Bosnia-Herzegovina has never had a crest or kit equally as awesome as their flag. This matchup could have looked way better.

I agree; at least a little bit of yellow would be appreciated.

I have a feeling that if Bosnia-Herzegovina put together a nice showing in this World Cup, they'll attract a kit manufacturer that will do something creative with those kits in time for Euro 2016 in France (assuming they qualify) and hopefully the 2018 World Cup in Russia as well.

25yzwqg.png

Thanks for playing, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Right... down 1-0 at half is clearly a death knell.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What bothers me is that Bosnia-Herzegovina has never had a crest or kit equally as awesome as their flag. This matchup could have looked way better.

I agree; at least a little bit of yellow would be appreciated.

I have a feeling that if Bosnia-Herzegovina put together a nice showing in this World Cup, they'll attract a kit manufacturer that will do something creative with those kits in time for Euro 2016 in France (assuming they qualify) and hopefully the 2018 World Cup in Russia as well.

If memory serves they signed up with Adidas a bit late in the day so they're basically wearing teamwear kits at this World Cup - hopefully when the time comes around for their next set Adidas will do something a little more distinctive and creative for them.

Oh, and anyone want to guess how ugly it's going to be for Bosnia coming up here?

Maybe you aren't familiar enough with this Bosnia side.

Yeah, Seadragon, read up on your Bosnian soccer, ya f-ckin' dickweed

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's now 11-straight World Cup matches without a draw to open Brazil 2014. If Germany-Portugal isn't capable of producing a draw tomorrow, then I can openly see every group opener for all 32 teams producing a winner and loser, a historic running of such a table.

Just a few stats for tonights match.
Ghana have met USA in each of their two previous participations in World Cups, winning 2-1 on both occasions (2006 group, 2010 second round).
Four of Ghana's previous nine World Cup goals have come against USA.
The USA have only kept two clean sheets in their last 23 games at the World Cup.

glory10.png

So after six years (or so) with 4-2-3-1, we will go with a Dutch 4-3-3. Interesting...

---Götze-------------Müller---------------Özil---

------------------------------------------------------

-----------Kroos-----------------Khedira---------

-------------------------Lahm----------------------

Höwedes--Mertesacker--Hummels--Boateng

-------------------------Neuer---------------------

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I BELIEVE!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived