College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really see anything to complain about Arkansas. IMHO an upgrade from the mess they had before.

Total agreement here the only complaint I have is the red front facing secondary on the red jersey kinda of pointless because I could barely see it.

I like conservative modern Nike much better

"Sleeve inserts mimic the sharp, aggressive tusk of the mighty razorback. Trust us, it's totally different than representing an iconic stadium jaws. We swear."

Nike, probably.

LOL right? Thats what i was thinking too. This time the filled in mesh panel is a tusk. On the site theres a paragraph about "type tells a story" that they copy pasted from another release this year. Nike is making a fool of themselves and its pretty entertaining at this point

But theres some good things about the uniform. I like all the type and a focus on red and white is good. At least they look like Arkansas now.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think Nike did great on these. No need to be too over the top. A nice mix of classic design with a modern touch. Unique enough without being crazy. No black or anthracite on the football unis that I can see.

I think Nike did great on these. No need to be too over the top. A nice mix of classic design with a modern touch. Unique enough without being crazy. No black or anthracite on the football unis that I can see.

I hope it stays that way, but it does scare me that there is a anthracite basketball jersey now and they also have that color listed in their color palette now:

Color+Palette.PNG

spacer.png

It's a shame that Bielema brought that black socks/shoes thing with him from Wisconsin. I loved the white/red socks and cleats that we were wearing before he was hired. Those would look much better with this uniform like you are saying.

I hope it stays that way, but it does scare me that there is a anthracite basketball jersey now and they also have that color listed in their color palette now:

Color+Palette.PNG

The basketball jerseys are the same ones that we had this past year but they just changed the font and numbers. We already had that anthracite uniform with that set.

As for the football uniforms, I was told that we definitely won't have an anthracite uniform this coming year and then after that it is up to Bielema. Based off his comments in one of those videos about wanting to return to a traditional and clean look, I don't see them returning anytime soon.

Looks like Nike's new 2014 thing is filling in those indents that start at the armpit on their jersey cut.

Agreed - it's kinda weird seeing the "jaws" of Husky Stadium on the Arkansas unis... :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Looks like Nike's new 2014 thing is filling in those indents that start at the armpit on their jersey cut.

Agreed - it's kinda weird seeing the "jaws" of Husky Stadium on the Arkansas unis... :)

it is probably supposed to resemble tusks of a razorback

So far, the only redesign to give me an "Ick" reaction is Syracuse's. Those numbers and faux-gradient.....anyway, I see a lot of missed opportunities, but nothing offensive. It's sad to realize that instead of taking these unis and fine-tuning them until they get a really good look, they'll just scrap them and do something completely different next time. :(

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived