College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Look closely at 71, there's no gold on the 1. Looks like the corner is only on the first digit, so they'll be two sets of numbers, with and without the corner.

If that is the case, then that is stupid on Nike's part.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look closely at 71, there's no gold on the 1. Looks like the corner is only on the first digit, so they'll be two sets of numbers, with and without the corner.

Yep, it's the same with 59. I guess by their reasoning, it actually makes sense since the top corner of the second digit isn't the "northwest" of the whole number, so there's no need for it to be colored.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't mind having black. But I hate the black accents on the purple jerseys and pants. I've been getting unreasonably upset every time I look at them. I guess my only solace is in a couple years they'll get something new.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

the Washington uniform is done well enough. the white helmet texture is interesting, give them and HGI points for doing something new. but how full of :censored: is Nike? i mean really, "we filled in this little mesh panel to reflect the stands of the stadium" GTFO. thats about the laziest, most BS explanation of a graphic idea i've ever heard. i do like the aesthetic look of the gold-cornered numbers (good job on keeping that number font. the roundness adds a good variety of shape to the whole set) but the idea behind it isn't very good either. and not just because Oregon is the clear "owner" of the northwest but that it really only works if you have a long history of competitive dominance in the area or you're the only one in that area. it doesn't fit Washington at all and i'm kind of embarrassed for them because of it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Glad Cal got their rebrand done last year instead of this year. Seems like Nike is taking a slight stepback with these compared to ours last season. Glad we didn't give in to the 3+ helmets although i would trade our Gray set for a yellow helmet .

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I rank the unis from best to the worst.

1. Washington. Purple jerseys and pants stand out the most.

2. Illinois. Solid look.

3. Miami. Not too much different from previous unis. Still look sharp.

4. Syracuse. Like their navy jerseys, and numeral font is decent. Dislike the alternate grays however.

5. Florida State. Don't care about the numeral font at all, otherwise the unis just bore me to death.

Arkansas and Oklahoma could be next. Although I don't expect hardly any massive changes from the Sooners. Just an updated speed template look, although I wouldn't rule out an alternate jersey.

Glad Cal got their rebrand done last year instead of this year. Seems like Nike is taking a slight stepback with these compared to ours last season. Glad we didn't give in to the 3+ helmets although i would trade our Gray set for a yellow helmet .

I think its about the same. Cal and Georgia tweak was good but then you had Oregon State and WVU that were just as bad as any this year. Honestly people go on about how much better Nike is than everyone else but they're all doing equal amounts of good and crap work

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Frost+Texture+White+Helmet.PNG

But wouldn't having a raised texture on the helmet increase the drag by .0001%, thus negating the performance advantages that Nike claims their jerseys have?

Nike makes helmets now? Blame HGI or whoever.

I hope you realize that Nike designed the uniforms from head to toe and the manufacturer only follows through on the specifications of the design requested.

spacer.png

No+Dog.PNG

As Paul Lukas astutely pointed out in his review of these unis, the most interesting part of the uni will be unseen by the public. I think they could have done something really interesting with the inside collar logo on the sleeves or down the pant leg or something. Definitely a missed opportunity right there.

No+Dog.PNG

As Paul Lukas astutely pointed out in his review of these unis, the most interesting part of the uni will be unseen by the public. I think they could have done something really interesting with the inside collar logo on the sleeves or down the pant leg or something. Definitely a missed opportunity right there.

God forbid you try and get rid of that beautiful, original DAWGS on the black pants legs.

No+Dog.PNG

Right, they could've used this kind of thing as the exterior collar. While I like the Washington uniforms, and think Nike did good work with Washington, Illinois, FSU, and Miami (Syracuse not so much), this kind thing is better than just "modern ninnovations" and should be a main focus on the uniforms. that's why I like FSU's, because they still managed to incorporate history into the modern uniforms. It's not just a template.

the Washington uniform is done well enough. the white helmet texture is interesting, give them and HGI points for doing something new. but how full of :censored: is Nike? i mean really, "we filled in this little mesh panel to reflect the stands of the stadium" GTFO. thats about the laziest, most BS explanation of a graphic idea i've ever heard. i do like the aesthetic look of the gold-cornered numbers (good job on keeping that number font. the roundness adds a good variety of shape to the whole set) but the idea behind it isn't very good either. and not just because Oregon is the clear "owner" of the northwest but that it really only works if you have a long history of competitive dominance in the area or you're the only one in that area. it doesn't fit Washington at all and i'm kind of embarrassed for them because of it.

To be fair, I think UW has a better record all-time versus every northwest pac12 school. So by that metric they do own the northwest.

Just ignore the last decade.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Mizzou had their Spring Game on Saturday, and while there wasn't anything new to speak of, they did wear a combination that hasn't ever been worn before. Black jersey and white pants.

gold-game-marcus-murphy-maty-mauk-ncaa-f

Also, the Gold/White combo is new as well. Not a fan of that one, but the Black/White doesn't look horrible.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived