College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pointless black sleeves for Washington just like another team I know:

BMQ_3275-399x350.jpg

It's kind of funny how it seems like these teams want to look so unique but in doing so end up looking so bland and unoriginal. Give me Penn State and Alabama any day over this garbage (and I wouldn't even consider myself a traditionalist)

90758391980.gif

At this point, if that's what U Dub is wearing, I'll take it. Especially after seeing 'Cuse's new numerals... these seem 'normal', which is (sadly) a win in my book.

For reals, though. If we're talking about Nike rebranding schools, WHY can't we have quality stuff like what they produced for the 2010 NPC series? Honestly, while some ideas were "out there," there was original thought and meaningful elements in every piece. They tried to keep the momentum going, but they started forcing arbitrary crap into the uniforms that didn't make sense, and it ultimately killed the program...

Let's be real, these unis were beautimus (and I wouldn't mind seeing sets based off these uniforms become standard for each of them...):

NikeUnis-pi_20100901144706_660_320.JPG

Why can't we have nice things like this?

Miami's new look is way to similar to VT's unis in this picture.

Real solid look, nothing spectacular, but a lot better than this overpiped mess:

9s3xt7A.jpg

Definite upgrade, that's for sure. Take off the black sleeves on the regular uniforms and I think these would be very solid. I love that white/purple/white combo if not for the sleeves.

At least the overpiped mess was purple, gold and white.

I dont mind having black uniforms as an alternate.

But I hate it when there is black creeping on the purple uni's.

The white jersey and pants are perfect.

Purple Jersey: Get rid of black shoulder and black shoulder numbers.

Purple Pants: switch black stripe/splotch to white or gold.

Gold Pants: add a purple stripe/splotch to match the white/purple pants.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I'm calling complete and total BS on the black/purple notch explanation by the sleeves. It's just a part of the template no one else bothered to color in. Just because they colored a different part of the template they think it's "unique"? I'm also calling BS on "the Huskies ownership of the Northwest Territory". Oregon would gladly disagree.

5/10 at best. Not impressed. FSU> Miami >Illinois = Washington = Cuse.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Why? Why? Why? All of these stupid extra "unique" design aspects.... It's so dang frustrating.

That number font would've been fine. Why do you need to ruin it with that "Northwest Numeral" BS. Why do people fall for the Nike schtick of these dumb things? And why the black shoulder numbers on the purple jersey? There is literally no point. Con. Sist. En. Cy... Please, Nike.

I would've been interested to see them incorporate that sled pattern into a pant stripe.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Those frost textured helmets will never be approved for game play. The abrasive quality of the finish will play havoc with exposed skin, not to mention the damage it will do to any fabric they come in contact with. Besides, how are you going to get a decal to stay on if you don't have a smooth surface?

Archived