College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old uniforms that didn't have gradient numbers were better. There's no pants stripes on these, and the font is worse. Love the front facing logo though.

36oCRrs.jpg

Old uniforms that didn't have gradient numbers were better. There's no pants stripes on these, and the font is worse. Love the front facing logo though.

There is pants stripes

Yeah I said that before I looked through the full unveiling. Anyway, still don't like these that much. I'd take the pants, but use the jerseys from last instead. They were more than just a "fill in the panel" uniform.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Am I the only one who really likes these?

Believe so

Honestly, I'm just tired of Nike's uninspired (even if they try to fight that) uniforms this past week. Each uniform set has looked pretty much the same. Shoulder caps all around, stupid number fonts for everyone, and just the easy way out. Nothing is extremely bad, except for Syracuse, but nothing is very good either. Nothing has made me say "Wow! Now that's a good looking uniform!" I just keep thinking "Shame Nike, we know you can do better."

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I love these.

I'm surprised by the reaction, I thought everybody was going to call the look an upgrade but what I found was a lot of hate. Which really shocked me because of how nice and traditional the uniforms are.

They're getting an extremely positive response amongst our fan base on twitter and message boards. Most I've seen consider it an upgrade.

The only unanimous complaint I've seen is the baseball uniform. That font looks pretty terrible on it.

As long the fans and recruits like them that's what's important I would prefer the new pants with last years jerseys.

These aren't bad, they're just SO boring.

The one time people get a boring uniform, they complain. Yet when Nike unveiled modern uniforms people complain that it's so ugly and want to go back to the "golden age of CF uniforms". People just can't be pleased!

Nope. I think they look pretty nice. Arkansas, to me, has always looked best with a simple, clean uni set. This is conservatively modern. The only thing that I think they could change would be the white tribute to the University of Washington stadium on the chest. Also, I'm surprised at the head-on logo. I like that as well. Didn't think I would. And I like the font. Call me crazy.

gYH2mW9.png

the Washington uniform is done well enough. the white helmet texture is interesting, give them and HGI points for doing something new. but how full of :censored: is Nike? i mean really, "we filled in this little mesh panel to reflect the stands of the stadium" GTFO. thats about the laziest, most BS explanation of a graphic idea i've ever heard. i do like the aesthetic look of the gold-cornered numbers (good job on keeping that number font. the roundness adds a good variety of shape to the whole set) but the idea behind it isn't very good either. and not just because Oregon is the clear "owner" of the northwest but that it really only works if you have a long history of competitive dominance in the area or you're the only one in that area. it doesn't fit Washington at all and i'm kind of embarrassed for them because of it.

Historically UW as a program is far superior in comparison to Oregon.

Archived