College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma isn't getting new uniforms. At least, nothing has been announced.

I have a vague hunch that they'll adopt the Speed Machine template and maybe add an OU logo to the neck/hip like the RRS uniforms.

They're currently one of the only team I can think of still using the Destroyer template.

K-State

Kansas State, Iowa State, and Stanford still use the Nike Destroyer template. But I believe K-State and Stanford is planning to switch to the Speed Machine template as well without having to change their primary look for this upcoming season. I am not certain about Iowa State. I assume they would too.

Who is next to get a not so pretty upgrade from Nike? Washington? Oklahoma? Aren't those two schools supposed to be getting new uniforms for 2014?

Washington should be next up , Arkansas still to come also

Washington should use the Sonny Sixkiller era font

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

That Syracuse number font is terrible, and those unis might be the worst unis they've ever worn. Biggest downgrade so far this year.

It might be unpopular, but the previous set was one of the best in college football IMHO. They should've just put this design into the new template.

-7d949695d0c30183.jpg

It's the same template just without the flywire collar

Well, I guess this actually goes along with Nike's recent marketing program:

NikeIdiot_zps66a0bbe8.png

NikeTradition_zps25bb2d20.png

NikeChange_zps691a2340.png

NikeInsane_zpsabc7e645.png

NikeNonsense_zps60919460.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

But how can they have the gradient numbers?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Who is next to get a not so pretty upgrade from Nike? Washington? Oklahoma? Aren't those two schools supposed to be getting new uniforms for 2014?

Spoiler alert:

Washington Huskies Uniforms 2014

Helmets (5) - Chrome gold, white, matte black, gray, giant husky logo on both sides alternate (black)

Jerseys (4) - Purple, white, black, gray. All have fly wire, all feature a shield on the collar with angry eyes and maybe a fancy W. The shoulder sleeves will feature a new husky logo and maybe a crooked line that they'll call Mount Rainier. The new number font will represent all the wildlife and it'll be new age and kewl

Pants (4) - White, khaki, grey, black. Fancy lines and stripes. Maybe more of the Mount Rainier crooked line(s)

Final product: a mixture of Syracuse, Illinois, WVU, Baylor, Mizzou, Arizona, UNC, Oklahoma State, Arizona State, TCU, Purdue, Minnesota, Cal, Kentucky, and a few dozen others... But with a hint of purple.

90758391980.gif

Things I'm tired of:

• Every freaking team having grey when there's no grey in their scheme.
  • Everyone having unnecessary chrome/matte
  • Stripes/patterns that are unrelated to the team
  • Funky number fonts
  • The people that believes that the this new steaming pile of crap is something that the majority will like.
  • Gradients

I swear our generation of football uniforms are screwed. And I'd just hate to see the future.

Ah, forgot about Stanford too.

Does Iowa State count though? There's is modified because of the shoulder loops, I kind of put it in it's own category.

LSU Tigers uses the shoulder loops, and they went to speed template last year. So, I believe it can work.

Syracuse now the WORST dressed team in all of sports?

Only to be surpassed by the Browns in a year.

Ahem Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars.

But how can they have the gradient numbers?

From my understanding, gradient numbers are okay as long as they're not the same color as the jersey.

Also heard a rumor the rule got voted down, but I'm not sure about that.

i second that

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm guessing you're joking about the Huskies uniforms. I've actually seen the style guide from a couple months ago when they were picking the jerseys and it's not out there like you say.

I don't see any way they use an actual husky logo, the W is the only thing.

The number font looked more like the basketball uniforms, but a little modified, not block, not six killer Era.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

If you take away the font and gradient striping, then overall look of the uniforms is not that bad an actually a slight upgrade over their previous set.

spacer.png

If you take away the font and gradient striping, then overall look of the uniforms is not that bad an actually a slight upgrade over their previous set.
Yeah calling it the worst in sports is a way over exaggeration. Are they best, no, but take the numbers away and they aren't half bad

Sorry for the double post but per Twitter:

"Louisville signs 5-year, $40M deal w/@adidas, sources told @espn. Ranks among top 5 college apparel deals."

Not a fan of adidas, but I kinda seen this coming!! Too bad we don't see many schools jump to other apparel deals anymore. Everything is status quo. Notre Dame is the only school so far that switched, they went to Under Armour. Tennessee will switch to Nike, but will have to wait until next year to do that.

Archived