Kelly Green used in uniforms/logos

Tygers09

354 is my favorite

354 is in no way a version of Kelly Green. The ink we use at work under that number is referred to as Spring Green. It's much much lighter than any other average Kelly Green. It's more of a darker lime but without as much of a yellow hue.

I like 347 and 355

Ironically our 347 ink is called Dallas Green.

The San Antonio Gunslingers of the USFL used 354 C and called it "Kelly Green". Go figure.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Stars new green is called "Victory Green".

Just slightly darker than actually Kelly.

OK - I'll bite...what shade of Green do you think the Saskatchewan Roughriders use?

(Here's a hint - it's EXACTLY the same shade of Green the Stars are using now.)

I've said it a 1000 times - color descriptions are purely for marketing or for fun. They really don't mean a darn thing.

You can't say there's an absolute specific color for "Kelly Green". You can define a range of colors, but one person's "Kelly Green" is another person's "Emerald". Here are all of the various colors I have in my database for pro teams who identify "Kelly Green":

PMS_340_C_SRGB.pngPMS_343_C_SRGB.pngPMS_347_C_SRGB.pngPMS_348_C_SRGB.pngPMS_349_C_SRGB.pngPMS_354_C_SRGB.pngPMS_355_C_SRGB.pngPMS_356_C_SRGB.png

348/356 work for me as Kelly Green. The others are near it, but those two hit the nail on the head for me.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I believe the Stars new green is called "Victory Green".

Just slightly darker than actually Kelly.

OK - I'll bite...what shade of Green do you think the Saskatchewan Roughriders use?

(Here's a hint - it's EXACTLY the same shade of Green the Stars are using now.)

I've said it a 1000 times - color descriptions are purely for marketing or for fun. They really don't mean a darn thing.

You can't say there's an absolute specific color for "Kelly Green". You can define a range of colors, but one person's "Kelly Green" is another person's "Emerald". Here are all of the various colors I have in my database for pro teams who identify "Kelly Green":

PMS_340_C_SRGB.pngPMS_343_C_SRGB.pngPMS_347_C_SRGB.pngPMS_348_C_SRGB.pngPMS_349_C_SRGB.pngPMS_354_C_SRGB.pngPMS_355_C_SRGB.pngPMS_356_C_SRGB.png

My understanding is the Riders official pantone is 3425.

Gorgeous color.

I always loved that Eagles look. So much more personality than their current muted look. I vote they go back to these in a heart beat.

Those sleeve stripes absolutely needed to be changed (even in an era in which sleeves still existed). However, the color scheme is beautiful...one of those schemes that teams pretty much "have to" add black to but is better without. The Cunningham era uniforms were OK, but these were great (or at least would have been after removing that bizarre thick white stripe.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My understanding is the Riders official pantone is 3425.

Yep.

Gimme that 349C with metallic silver and I'm in Eagles heaven.

Which is EXACTLY right. (If you're looking at the Harold Carmichael jersey above.)

I wish the Eagles would bring it back. Or some type of lighter green. Along with some gray/silver.

Their Midnight Green is awful.

Agreed. Oregon's apple green and silver jerseys just scream "Eagles!" in a way the actual Eagles uniforms haven't in a very long time.

I thought the same thing when I saw those Oregon unis!

As an Eagles fan its really frustrating. The official merchandise here usually looks tealish/blue and looks awful when paired with black. I usually wear my throwback jerseys. But Jefferey Lurie is dead set on Midnight Green. His initial reasoning was that it would "look too much like the NY Jets" of the time but its really because his wife disliked the color.

When you think about it though, NO NFL team has a reasonably green helmet at the moment. I'm suprised no teams want to step up and own that.

I wish the Eagles would bring it back. Or some type of lighter green. Along with some gray/silver.

Their Midnight Green is awful.

Agreed. Oregon's apple green and silver jerseys just scream "Eagles!" in a way the actual Eagles uniforms haven't in a very long time.

I thought the same thing when I saw those Oregon unis!

As an Eagles fan its really frustrating. The official merchandise here usually looks tealish/blue and looks awful when paired with black. I usually wear my throwback jerseys. But Jefferey Lurie is dead set on Midnight Green. His initial reasoning was that it would "look too much like the NY Jets" of the time but its really because his wife disliked the color.

When you think about it though, NO NFL team has a reasonably green helmet at the moment. I'm suprised no teams want to step up and own that.

Thing is, though, I thought I've heard rumblings that the team is considering going back to the kelly. Is that not going to pan out, or what?

vnfq.jpg

Man that North Stars jersey was slick. Damn you Norm Green.

Blame Bill Mack. The redesign in 1991 was not to remove "North" from the name in preparation for a move as most people speculate. They were attempting to cash in on the trends of the time (black, metallic colours) to increase merchandise sales.

Archived