Underrated Logos that need more recognition

Elwood From Canada

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This logo wasn't that bad. Plus it makes me kind of hungry for fish sticks.

IslandersFishermanLogo.gif#Islanders%20f

I think the main problem with it was that it was the Islanders. They already had an established and successful look from their history. If the Islanders had been an expansion team when this was unveiled, I don't think it gets the same amount of flack.

IbjBaeE.png

Might not qualify as underrated, but I've always liked the simple effectiveness of the Blackhawks' secondary logo (in its various forms):

58.gif

9fy12wi9aioaa119dzhpmucw7.gif

Great post. I've been hoping that this would be used as an "alternate" jersey someday, but has not happened yet.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

nb5l36gf0u8m4un19masjg5aw.gif

The mustard tiger. All I'm saying is that if you put this on a hat, I would wear it in an instant.

I don't think it would even be possible to embroider that Predators overly-detailed mess on to a hat. The needle-thin, inconistent line strokes and weird shading make this one of the worst pro logos around. This logo tries too hard and the face just looks awkward. The Predators primary, which doesn't get much love I've noticed, is still light years better than this, especially since they simplified the colors.

Houstonrockets_logo_old.gif

This logo would be better if it didn't have that beveled wordmark. If they had used a slightly less angular font, without the bevel, it would have been pretty good.

i think you are forgetting the overly cartoony rocket ship that for what ever reason has a face?

That's the best part of the logo.

flying-tiger-theme-eight.jpg

This logo would be better if it didn't have that beveled wordmark. If they had used a slightly less angular font, without the bevel, it would have been pretty good.

i think you are forgetting the overly cartoony rocket ship that for what ever reason has a face?

Mind blown. I never made that connection ever, just assumed it was a typical 90's design thing. I now love that Rockets logo.

Mind blown. I never made that connection ever, just assumed it was a typical 90's design thing. I now love that Rockets logo.

the thing is, those are fighter planes, not rockets, and rockets have never had that design on them.

the thing is, those are fighter planes, not rockets, and rockets have never had that design on them.

Well there was this, but I believe it was post-Rocket's logo.

tumblr_kp02ozGKBM1qzdqxto1_500.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived