Underrated Logos that need more recognition

Elwood From Canada

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ECHL New Orleans Brass alternate logo.

echl-new_orleans_brass_2001.gif

(seriously, it's been twelve years since they folded...and nine since Katrina. Surprised somebody hasn't tried to bring pro hockey back in some form to the NOLA)

That's just creepy

New Orleans can be a very creepy place sometimes...

I was never a fan of the redesign. I preferred the original logo and brighter colors MUCH more than the jester logo or the trumpet and Mardi Gras beads primary.

gYH2mW9.png

while we are on ECHL logos

9fbg6ugrhgkz8iftlpzv.gif

this logo always reminded me of Captain Falcon from F-Zero.

Do not ever waste bandwidth on this ever again. :P

Also...

Seriously, the ECHL had a LOT of underrated logos way back in the day:

In particular, the Jacksonville Lizard Kings opened a lot of doors in their day (dodges trash thrown at the bad pun):

bg3cifbiqdfthk89g3pg.gif

If we're gonna talk underrated Lizard Kings logos, their alt logo was the true sleeper:

echl--jacksonville_lizard_kings_1997.gif

And, just as an added bonus, the jerseys on which it was worn:

Jack-villeLizardKings95-96_front.jpg

Jack-villeLizardKings95-96_back.jpg

LizardKings8MALLETTaltfrontG.jpg

LizardKings8MALLETTaltbackG.jpg

(That had to have been my favorite logo/set of jerseys in the entire league at the time.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.png

Agreed. Crisp, distinctive and very well done.

That's so much better than their original mess.

Couldn't agree more.

The old lightning logo was laughably bad. Absolutely all over the place in terms of design and really really ugly.

This is a massive, massive improvement. Sleep, sharp, crisp, simple.

Hi guys, I'm new here but I had to join so I could post this.

English football club, Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. but known by absolutely everybody as simply 'Wolves'. I've always loved this logo; it's black, gold, somewhat intimidating and completely different to any other club emblem in the country. As a QPR fan, whose current logo is a mismatch of awful typeface and heraldry, I've always envied Wolves' style:

570px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png

Hi guys, I'm new here but I had to join so I could post this.

English football club, Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. but known by absolutely everybody as simply 'Wolves'. I've always loved this logo; it's black, gold, somewhat intimidating and completely different to any other club emblem in the country. As a QPR fan, whose current logo is a mismatch of awful typeface and heraldry, I've always envied Wolves' style:

570px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png

Ah yes, one of my favorite crests in european football.

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.png

Agreed. Crisp, distinctive and very well done.

That's so much better than their original mess.

Couldn't agree more.

The old lightning logo was laughably bad. Absolutely all over the place in terms of design and really really ugly.

This is a massive, massive improvement. Sleep, sharp, crisp, simple.

Fourthed.

Sigs are for sissies.

LOLOLOL. People actually like the Lightning using a clip art logo?

The logo is terrible and thoughtless for a team with a very unique nickname.

It's not distinctive at all, it's a rip off of every general bolt logo. IE: Taser, Electric, Gatorade.

It lacks any depth. It's an insult to associate such a bland logo with a team that has such a great identity. The jerseys just make it so much more :censored:ing worse.

2ly2w09.jpg

It's not distinctive at all, it's a rip off of every general bolt logo. IE: Taser, Electric, Gatorade.

It lacks any depth. It's an insult to associate such a bland logo with a team that has such a great identity. The jerseys just make it so much more :censored:ing worse.

The jerseys are Maple Leafs 2.0, that is what annoys me

Plus the logo took 2 minutes to "make"

I cant stand the logo. Haven't gotten any merchandise since the change. Terrible.

I cant stand the logo. Haven't gotten any merchandise since the change. Terrible.

Sometimes the simple things are the best, like pancakes. You think it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with a logo? Look at McDonald's. It's just an M. Look at Alabama's football unis. They're the best in the SEC even though it's just a red jersey with white letters. Just because something didn't take a lot of time to make doesn't make it any worse. I honestly think they took more time to think about it than the Preds did, LOL.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

Sometimes the simple things are the best, like pancakes. You think it takes a lot of time and effort to come up with a logo? Look at McDonald's. It's just an M. Look at Alabama's football unis. They're the best in the SEC even though it's just a red jersey with white letters. Just because something didn't take a lot of time to make doesn't make it any worse. I honestly think they took more time to think about it than the Preds did, LOL.

but with a 90's franchise it needs to be modern, not a simple retro O-6 dress up team.

Archived