2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Then why are they using a logo that belongs back in the '70s?

It's a logo that belongs in the here and now. You know it, I know it. As a Mariners fan, I have eliminated most of their 1993-present identity from my collection and they're playing meaningful games down the stretch. That tells me something. I'm a proponent of the great star trident logo. I'm a proponent of the Ultimate Baseball Look. The Mariners are within striking distance of the A's and Royals and it's because of the star trident and the blue and gold, the true colors of Major League Baseball in the Pacific Northwest, not the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

Yeah, that's not why.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my magical proof... THEY AREN'T WEARING IT AND WON'T WEAR IT FOR THE NEAR FUTURE YOU DINGUS.

The blue/gold/star/trident isn't some spirit animal coursing through their veins. It's an old logo you won't let go of.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

You are literally saying that each one of us "knows" it's their best logo when everyone has repeatedly disagreed. That's called delusion. You're making stuff up in your mind because you can't handle the truth that no one else likes something you do. They factually sucked when they wore it and have won or at least had their best years in the current and better identity. No player on the team has the trident-star running through them. They could care less. Move on.

You are literally saying that each one of us "knows" it's their best logo when everyone has repeatedly disagreed. That's called delusion. You're making stuff up in your mind because you can't handle the truth that no one else likes something you do. They factually sucked when they wore it and have won or at least had their best years in the current and better identity. No player on the team has the trident-star running through them. They could care less. Move on.

Who is everyone? A handful of people in this lone forum? My poll that I've conducted since 2012 says otherwise. The Mariners have had many terrible seasons and have "factually sucked" wearing their current identity so don't give me that garbage. Who is "they"? Could care less or couldn't care less? Make up your mind.

The fans want the star trident back

BoXbThGIYAAtV3e.jpg

and so do the players!

BxDtbz5IYAAlKXJ.jpg

I googled "Mariners greatest logo" and of course the star trident is the first result!

But again, this thread is about the 2014 MLB season, not the Seattle Mariners greatest logo and brand identity.

Protip: Don't use a picture of a crying child when arguing that something is well liked.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Alright, ya damn bandwagoner! Listen up... for all of the success the M's have had, the logo they used when they've been successful is the one you are decrying as something out of NATO. Your precious little trident: 0-1. The NATO logo: 82-70.

I rest my case, your honor.

Who is everyone? A handful of people in this lone forum? My poll that I've conducted since 2012 says otherwise. The Mariners have had many terrible seasons and have "factually sucked" wearing their current identity so don't give me that garbage. Who is "they"? Could care less or couldn't care less? Make up your mind.

The fans want the star trident backBoXbThGIYAAtV3e.jpg

and so do the players!BxDtbz5IYAAlKXJ.jpg

I googled "Mariners greatest logo" and of course the star trident is the first result!

But again, this thread is about the 2014 MLB season, not the Seattle Mariners greatest logo and brand identity.

The Mariners first winning season was in 1991. Guess which two logos they WEREN'T wearing?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I'm a proponent of the great star trident logo. I'm a proponent of the Ultimate Baseball Look. The Mariners are within striking distance of the A's and Royals and it's because of the star trident and the blue and gold, the true colors of Major League Baseball in the Pacific Northwest, not the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

weirdedout.png

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've been to a handful of Mariners games since moving out here. The current logo and uniforms are overwhelmingly worn by the fans in the stands. Nobody really wants to move back to the trident fulltime except for this troll on these boards.

Compare that with the Milwaukee Brewers game I went to where more than half the crowd was in the blue and yellow ball in glove apparel.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Show me a picture that doesn't involve the same promotion shirt and say fans want it, and where are the results of this so called poll taken since 2012? Why can you not stand one of the most unique brands in the MLB?

Anywho... hey! I love baseball! Here's a fun fact: the Cardinals have yet, and looks like will not have any game with under 40,000 paid attendance according to baseball-reference.com (one of the best sites ever, after this one of course :))

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

How can a logo that hasn't been used in what, close to 30 years, be responsible for their winning now? And how can said logo be "running through their veins"? And how does you eliminating the history of 1993-present in your mind have an effect on what's going on this year? Do you actually believe your some sort of star-trident Jedi or something?

I seriously think he's lost his marbles now. I used to think he was just a troll, but it appears he is actually out of his mind.

Archived