2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't mind an Angels-Dodgers WS, or an Orioles-Nationals WS. I want classics.

[mod redacted] A World Series between teams that play close to each other does not mean it will be a classic.
It doesn't mean that it won't either.
Saying everything is a classic like he does is idiotic, and saying a World Series is going to be a classic is even more idiotic.

[mod redacted] A World Series between teams that play close to each other does not mean it will be a classic.
[mod redacted] How the hell isn't a World Series between teams that play close to each other not a classic? It may not happen again.

[mod redacted] How the hell isn't a World Series between teams that play close to each other not a classic? It may not happen again.
So if the O's sweep the Nats and win every game by 10 would it still be a "classic"?

So if the O's sweep the Nats and win every game by 10 would it still be a "classic"?
In my mind, yes!

:winner:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

[mod redacted]

It has as much chance of being a classic as a Kansas City vs. Washington series would be. It may or may not be a classic, but it will definitely be overhyped.

I'm very happy for the Orioles and their fans. Anytime the Yankees and Red Sox don't win the division it's a good year. I would really like to see Buck Showalter win a World Series.

I second that. Although I am very disappointed my Jays collapsed like they did it's still great to see the Orioles take it. Anyone but the the Yanks or the Red Sox.

NHA - Kelowna Kodiaks - .455 winning percentage
Season 4: 13-26-11 3rd Smythe
Season 5: 21-21-8 2nd Smythe
Season 6: 16-30-4 4th Smythe

Season 7: 26-17-7 1st Norris - lost in 1st round

Archived