2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone told me today that MLB only uses "playoffs" to refer to tie-breaking games, and "postseason" to refer to the tournament held at the end of the regular season. Anybody else heard this?

Yes, those are the correct official names.

The Cardinals uniforms were classic this week. They should keep wearing these uniforms. They're better, they're classic, and better than the road ones they wore last year in the postseason.

I do see the Angels winning 100-105 games. I'm glad. Show power.

So, you think the Angels have a chance to finish the year 15-2? We'll see.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

In fairness, it was pretty clear Fiers did not throw that intentionally and was visibly shaken up. The pitch up and in to Reed Johnson may have been a result of him still being shaken up and not having control of his pitch.

Basically if a batter can turn and get some sort of a swing on a pitch, it was intended to hit anyone.

Another unlucky sep 11 ! So many players hit by pitches, hope this will convice my man Trout that he needs to wear something on his elbow....he is really stupid if don´t start wearing elbow protection.....just a matter of time before he gets injured.

That pitch certainly looked deliberate, I really hope Giancarlo Stanton is alright and I really am relishing the Brewers slide out of the playoffs.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That pitch certainly looked deliberate, I really hope Giancarlo Stanton is alright and I really am relishing the Brewers slide out of the playoffs.

I certainly don't think it was deliberate. Wasn't watching the game so I don't know what the circumstances were, When I was a pitcher in little league I know I had a few pitches get away from me. One time I hit a kid in the hand and he started crying (he could of actually tried to get out of the way instead of just standing there but whatever). I was so shaken up that I plunked the next batter to and had to be taken out of the game. I'm quite sure that's what happened to Fiers.

That being said I really hope Stanton is ok. Anytime someone gets hit in the face like this I am always immediately reminded of Juan Encarnacion :(

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Watching the clip of the incidents on MLB.com, the FS Florida announcers were embarrassing, applauding the efforts of the Marlins to incite a needless brawl.

As for the initial pitch, that didn't look intentional. On the second, it wouldn't have hit him if he hadn't started to swing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Watching the clip of the incidents on MLB.com, the FS Florida announcers were embarrassing, applauding the efforts of the Marlins to incite a needless brawl.

As for the initial pitch, that didn't look intentional. On the second, it wouldn't have hit him if he hadn't started to swing.

The Marilns' play-by-play guy went on MLB Tonight in the aftermath, and the look on his face was almost like he wanted to cry. I only saw one replay of Stanton getting hit, and it was pretty damn gruesome.

Archived