2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some on ESPN wants a Angels-Nationals World Series to see who's the better player, Bryce Harper or Mike Trout.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not a competition anymore.

One just won the ASG MVP and is considered the new face of baseball while hitting .290 with 34 HR and 107 RBI's in 144 games and looks to be in the lead for AL MVP right now.

The other is hitting .272 with 13 HR and 32 RBI's in 88 games and is everyday seemingly known more for his toolish behaviour then his baseball ability.

IbjBaeE.png

I think it's pretty funny at the beginning of the year everyone was saying how good the NL Central was, and they looked it in the first half of the year or so. Now however, the Cards lead that division with only a +7 run differential and a losing record on the road. Meanwhile the hapless Brewers are 5 games out now.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Yeah, no one was watching this, but Jonathan Papelbon choked away a 4-1 lead in the top of the 9th, and went all Michael Jackson on the booing phatithful.

15059156368_dc31e962ce_o_d.jpg

pap.0.gif

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/9/14/6149001/jonathan-papelbon-blows-lead-gets-ejected-for-crotch-grabbing-at-fans

Joe West was not pleased, and threw Pap out of the game. So now he's a moral umpire too? Pap is an asshat, but there was no reason to do this. He wasn't coming back after that meltdown.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

holy :censored:......major suspension have to coming for papel-bum, he got too close to the ump......... now, joe west do have one of the biggest heads in baseball, (i do love his turkey-style gobble-gobble triple-chin) but you can´t make contact with an ump like that !

Ahh Pap Swear showing his trough colors again, something tells me he has thrown his last pitch in a Phillies uniform.

Who's gonna want him? I believe he still has a year or so on his contract. I guess the Phillies could eat what's left of it.

Those of you who are Dodger fans that don't subscribe to Time Warner Cable are getting a favor, as the Dodgers' cable network (only available to thirty percent of greater L.A.) will simulcast the final six games of the regular season on a local independent station.

http://consumerist.com/2014/09/15/dodgers-fans-in-l-a-may-get-to-watch-team-on-tv-this-season/

Archived