2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Puig is baseball's version of Johnny Manziel. An absolute douche and no matter how talented, they're impossible to root for.

Quite possibly the most inaccurate and clueless post I have ever read on these forums.
It's about as accurate as it is could get, they are both douche bags, and because of their exploits both on and off they field they are very polarizing figures where you either love them or love to hate them

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puig is baseball's version of Johnny Manziel. An absolute douche and no matter how talented, they're impossible to root for.

Quite possibly the most inaccurate and clueless post I have ever read on these forums.
It's about as accurate as it is could get, they are both douche bags, and because of their exploits both on and off they field they are very polarizing figures where you either love them or love to hate them

You're clueless. Nothing that Manziel has done has made him a douchebag, and it's just the media that hypes it as if he is a douchebag. Manziel is an emotional athlete who likes to party because he is a phenomenal player. If you're a college star, you're going to probably be a cocky partier. But he's never gotten involved in serious criminal activity, never been attached to gangs, never shown any true form of Bad sportsmanship, and is raved about from his teammates for being a great leader and person.

Manziel is nothing like Puig, and never will be.

You're clueless. Nothing that Manziel has done has made him a douchebag, and it's just the media that hypes it as if he is a douchebag. Manziel is an emotional athlete who likes to party because he is a phenomenal player. If you're a college star, you're going to probably be a cocky partier. But he's never gotten involved in serious criminal activity, never been attached to gangs, never shown any true form of Bad sportsmanship, and is raved about from his teammates for being a great leader and person.

If you dont think flashing the money sign after being investigated for taking money for autographs is him acting like a douche bag you dont know what one is. You dont have to be a criminal to be a jerk.

If you dont think flashing the money sign after being investigated for taking money for autographs is him acting like a douche bag you dont know what one is. You dont have to be a criminal to be a jerk.
Far from being a douche, more like knowing that you are one of the best at what you do. Nothing wrong with being cocky. Stop crying because he's a confident white guy. if you measure being a douche based off that, then you must live in a very sad, offensive world.

Far from being a douche, more like knowing that you are one of the best at what you do. Nothing wrong with being cocky. Stop crying because he's a confident white guy. if you measure being a douche based off that, then you must live in a very sad, offensive world.
I'm not the one calling myself a spoiled rich white kid or anything like that which you have done. So yes you are right I'm not like you i work, i go to a very good college because of it, and I'm in army rotc and will commission next year. Sorry if I feel you should show respect for yourself and those around you, and when you dont do that you are a jack ass.

I'm not the one calling myself a spoiled rich white kid or anything like that which you have done. So yes you are right I'm not like you i work, i go to a very good college because of it, and I'm in army rotc and will commission next year. Sorry if I feel you should show respect for yourself and those around you, and when you dont do that you are a jack ass.
Ah, further personal attacks from Wonderbread. I forgot you had to use those in every post you make.

Manziel has worked hard enough to have the right to "show off" come drag day. Expressing excitement and a little bit of emotion is not a bad thing. I get it, you are part of a program where that kind of thing isn't really accepted. And that makes sense, and I value that in a person. But he's not joining the army, he's playing professional football. If you believe that he's a douche, then I'm surprised you enjoy sports at all. Because comparing him to most of the athletes in this league, he's one of the most respectable ones out there.

Unrelated: I work a minimum wage job and have to support myself. I'm not going to complain that my parents work hard enough to give me a comfortable living, but I still work hard. Don't judge me based off a small joke I made in a different thread. You're personal attacks on these forums is embarrassing coming from somebody training to be in the armed forces.

Puig and Manziel: Both great talents. However, both players overshadow those talents by acting like pretentious douchebags at any given time (quite possibly like yourself). Do you even watch sports?

puigbatflip-1399526902gn8k4.jpg

manziel-money.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Puig and Manziel: Both great talents. However, both players overshadow those talents by acting like pretentious douchebags at any given time (quite possibly like yourself).. Do you even watch sports?

manziel-money.jpg

Meet your almighty overlord:

lebron-james-god.jpg

Puig and Manziel: Both great talents. However, both players overshadow those talents by acting like pretentious douchebags at any given time (quite possibly like yourself).. Do you even watch sports?

manziel-money.jpg

lebron-james-god.jpg

Those two make lebron look like a saint in comparison

manziel-money.jpg

lebron-james-god.jpg

Those two make lebron look like a saint in comparison

Agreed. LeBron is an attention whore but he seems like a genuinely good guy.

Puig and Manziel: Both great talents. However, both players overshadow those talents by acting like pretentious douchebags at any given time (quite possibly like yourself).. Do you even watch sports?puigbatflip-1399526902gn8k4.jpgmanziel-money.jpg

Meet your almighty overlord:lebron-james-god.jpg

I would give you 1000 likes if I could.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

It's May 11 and the Mariners are above .500 but it's hard to maintain much interest. MLB-wide batting average and on base percentage are the lowest of the DH era and yet the games take longer than ever as well. Baseball, right now, just isn't that compelling. Too many light hitting human rain delays. I hope the next commissioner actually has some leadership skills.

Puig and Manziel: Both great talents. However, both players overshadow those talents by acting like pretentious douchebags at any given time (quite possibly like yourself).. Do you even watch sports?puigbatflip-1399526902gn8k4.jpgmanziel-money.jpg
Meet your almighty overlord:lebron-james-god.jpg
I would give you 1000 likes if I could.
Oh great, dbadefense has an apprentice now.

It's May 11 and the Mariners are above .500 but it's hard to maintain much interest. MLB-wide batting average and on base percentage are the lowest of the DH era and yet the games take longer than ever as well. Baseball, right now, just isn't that compelling. Too many light hitting human rain delays. I hope the next commissioner actually has some leadership skills.

Time to institute a no-touch trapezoid zone and shrink the goalie's pads......

Time to institute a no-touch trapezoid zone and shrink the goalie's pads......

Let's do what they did in the 70's and 80's, flood the league with cocaine! I know one guy who will be thrilled with the news:

washington_scarface.jpg

Serious question...would y'all be in favor of making the strike zone bigger? Make them swing the bat; that's why we watch after all. Just a random thought.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived