2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puig is baseball's version of Johnny Manziel. An absolute douche and no matter how talented, they're impossible to root for.

Quite possibly the most inaccurate and clueless post I have ever read on these forums.
Puig and Manziel: Both great talents. However, both players overshadow those talents by acting like pretentious douchebags at any given time (quite possibly like yourself).. Do you even watch sports?

puigbatflip-1399526902gn8k4.jpg

manziel-money.jpg

Meet your almighty overlord:

lebron-james-god.jpg

Outside of "The Decision", which in retrospect, LeBron would undo if he could, he's been a pretty stand up guy. Can't recall him ever showboating in the manner Puig and Manziel have. And even if he did, he's got the rings to back it up -- something Puiggy and Johnny Greenroom are still very from ever seeing.

6uXNWAo.png

Puig is baseball's version of Johnny Manziel. An absolute douche and no matter how talented, they're impossible to root for.

Quite possibly the most inaccurate and clueless post I have ever read on these forums.
Puig and Manziel: Both great talents. However, both players overshadow those talents by acting like pretentious douchebags at any given time (quite possibly like yourself).. Do you even watch sports?

puigbatflip-1399526902gn8k4.jpg

manziel-money.jpg

Meet your almighty overlord:

lebron-james-god.jpg

Outside of "The Decision", which in retrospect, LeBron would undo if he could, he's been a pretty stand up guy. Can't recall him ever showboating in the manner Puig and Manziel have. And even if he did, he's got the rings to back it up -- something Puiggy and Johnny Greenroom are still very from ever seeing.

They're wrong anyways. The overlord of massive douche with tons of talent was Michael Jordon. He made it cool to be a cocky :censored: in sports.

The Cubs have scored 17 runs on the Cardinals. They will not score again for the remainder of this series.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sounds like Jose Fernandez needs Tommy John surgery. What a shame, he's a pleasure to watch.

On the bright side, the Mets have beaten the Yankees five straight times.

The Tommy John Pandemic is becoming the story of the 2014 MLB season. It is very disturbing and something is wrong here, there are way too many big name pitchers going down.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

1) if anyone hears what sounds like a person in distress in Tampa, it's probably me, choking on the suffocating parity that has engulfed MLB full swing in 2014. Good grief, what a joke.

2) not really sure what the solution is to the Tommy John epidemic but, eh, read someone who is paid to write about baseball go in depth about it, I guess. And then read the other guy who's column already looks hilariously dated because we've got an epidemic on our hands!

spacer.png

Both the Dodgers and Rays are playing games that are averaging 3 hours and 25 minutes in length this season. This sport is due for some changes.

Exactly what kind of changes?
With pullovers and sansabelt pants, players will be able to move 0.0063% faster, thus speeding up the games.

With pullovers and sansabelt pants, players will be able to move 0.0063% faster, thus speeding up the games.

850826265.gif

"Tell me more about these pants."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

After every damn pitch batters are stepping out of the batter's box for a stroll. Catchers are allowed unlimited visits to the mound. This stuff has to stop. I think with how long it takes pitchers to deliver the ball an extra hour is added to each game on average. It's inexcusable, and made worse because there are actual rules in place to prevent this that aren't being enforced.

I don't think the MLB needs to drop the amount of innings or change anything directly relating to the games, but I feel they need to limit exactly what The Six said. It's all the little things adding up that make baseball so long.

I just don't know how they'll change it, because if any league is rooted in traditionalism, it's the MLB. But something about the Mike Hargrove players needs to be changed.

IbjBaeE.png

A 3.5 hour game isn't bad, if it was 4.5 or more then yes it would be a problem. 3.5 hours is what I'd expect a game to last, it's about as long as any other game in any other sport except for soccer happens.

3.5 hours for baseball is typically either a low-scoring game (up to 2 runs/team) in extra innings or a high-scoring game (more than 2 runs/team) which ends in regulation.

4.5 hours for it would be an ESPN gushfest between the Yankees and Red Sox on a Wednesday night.

After every damn pitch batters are stepping out of the batter's box for a stroll. Catchers are allowed unlimited visits to the mound. This stuff has to stop. I think with how long it takes pitchers to deliver the ball an extra hour is added to each game on average. It's inexcusable, and made worse because there are actual rules in place to prevent this that aren't being enforced.

I read somewhere, Jeff Passan I believe, if pitchers shaved off 3 seconds from the current average of 23 seconds between pitches, games would be around 15 minutes shorter. Football can get away with 3 1/2 hour games. Once a week, 16 games versus 162, games on the weekend. I don't think baseball can. There needs to limits on the number of visits to the mound, by anyone, catchers, infielders, coaches, managers. Batters need to stay in the box during their at bats. Pitching changes take too long. A pitch clock should be considered. During intentional walks, one outside pitch should.be enough. Eliminate human rain delays.

Both the Dodgers and Rays are playing games that are averaging 3 hours and 25 minutes in length this season. This sport is due for some changes.

Exactly what kind of changes?
That would be awesome!

Archived