New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We Really love them here in Cleveland the brown jerseys with orange numbers are a take on the jerseys from 1946.

Just because it is a take on the 1946 uniforms does not make it good.

spacer.png

They have to wait what, five years before getting rid of these? What a mess...

They could fix the pants tomorrow. Which would be a huge step in the right direction.

The pants are the only thing I like about the uniform.

The jerseys hurt my eyes - there's just too much going on and the drop shadow is coming in from an unexpected direction. I really hate it.

100% agreed.

The jersey is just a mess. The stripes are too bold and too big. The drop shadow is awful and the orange numbers on brown are hideous.

We Really love them here in Cleveland the brown jerseys with orange numbers are a take on the jerseys from 1946.

I'm glad to hear you guys like these. I still think they're a bottom three NFL uniform...

Classic case of being wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to critical... trying to gain acceptance.

So you put them just 1 notch about Jacksonville and Tampa Bay?

I'm glad to hear you guys like these. I still think they're a bottom three NFL uniform...

Classic case of being wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to critical... trying to gain acceptance.

They are far from perfect. But definitely not in the bottom 3.

I can think of at least 8 teams with worse uniforms...

Bengals, Patriots, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Steelers, Cardinals, Falcons, Bills and 49ers (black alternates)

Some of those uniforms have been around so long, people forget how bad they actually look.

Feel that all of the new NFL uniforms try too hard to be different, instead of doing what looks good. Did the Jaguars really need a two-tone helmet? Did the Buccaneers need reflective clock numbers? Did the Browns need the awkward drop shadows? Does every team need a custom/unique number font? Everything that Nike has done with the NCAA has been far superior and well thought out.

So close.

These need a few small tweaks:

- Make the wordmark/numbers on the brown jerseys white with an orange shadow. Make the wordmark/numbers on the white jersey brown with an orange shadow.

- Change the striping on the brown jerseys to white/orange/white. On the white make it orange/brown/orange, which would better reflect their history.

- Do the same for the pants, and ditch the awful wordmark.

- Striped socks. Why not?

Do this, and these are a keeper.

If I had Photoshop skillz I'd whip up a rendering. Alas...

I made most these changes a few pages back.

tcj8IVX.png

If you like the Cleveland word mark better:

YrUERBL.jpg

With those changes, you pretty much now have the old jerseys with 2 less stripes on it. It's not a bad thing, it just further proves that the change was completely unnecessary.

Bengals, Patriots, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Steelers, Cardinals, Falcons, Bills and 49ers (black alternates)

Some of those uniforms have been around so long, people forget how bad they actually look.

Feel that all of the new NFL uniforms try too hard to be different, instead of doing what looks good. Did the Jaguars really need a two-tone helmet? Did the Buccaneers need reflective clock numbers? Did the Browns need the awkward drop shadows? Does every team need a custom/unique number font? Everything that Nike has done with the NCAA has been far superior and well thought out.

Ha! Because Nike doesn't go crazy with college and every idea of theirs is well thought out. Okay, keep telling yourself that.

Considering how good the previous look was and the team's history, Tampa Bay is the only uniform I'd say for certain is a bigger disaster than Cleveland's. The Browns' new helmet is worse, the jerseys are worse, the numbers, the pants, the wordmarks. Literally every element of this identity is a downgrade. Plus, it's horribly inappropriate for the franchise. Put these uniforms on the expansion Boise Browns and these are merely really bad. But for the Cleveland Browns they're all-time bad.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I would tend to agree. I'd put them below several of the teams on vmd9's list, especially since they're replacing a solid and classic design.

Besides, CLEstones, it's generally poor form to impugn the motives of your fellow posters. All opinions should be presumed to be honest and for their own sake.

So, being from Cleveland has nothing to do with you putting the Steelers on a list of bad uniforms?

And... Bills? ??

Considering how good the previous look was and the team's history, Tampa Bay is the only uniform I'd say for certain is a bigger disaster than Cleveland's. The Browns' new helmet is worse, the jerseys are worse, the numbers, the pants, the wordmarks. Literally every element of this identity is a downgrade. Plus, it's horribly inappropriate for the franchise. Put these uniforms on the expansion Boise Browns and these are merely really bad. But for the Cleveland Browns they're all-time bad.

Exactly. And for the record I do think only Tampa and Jacksonville are looking worse.

This is a joke right....?

This is a joke right....?

Seems like he's serious...

Exactly. And for the record I do think only Tampa and Jacksonville are looking worse.

Just because the look is a downgrade, doesn't mean its bottom 3 in the NFL. Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Arizona, and New England all have worse looking uniforms, just form a consistency and coherence aspect. Many would argue that Seattle is bottom 5 as well, considering all the different patterns and scale issues they have on literally every piece of their uniform.

Are there downgrades in the uniform? Yes. Are there upgrades? Yes. We have already beaten all those to death. I wouldn't put the Browns in the top 10 of uniforms. Hell, I wouldn't even put them in the top half. But to say they are bottom 3 is an extreme case of someone pissing in his Cheerios this morning.

Once again, I can't reiterate enough just because its NOT AS GOOD as the previous look, doesn't mean its bottom 3. Similarly, if Tampa Bay redesigns their uniforms next year and they are an improvement, it doesn't mean they are top 5 in the league. It just means its an improvement.

Again, I would put the current Browns unis in the bottom half of the NFL. But they are consistent, they are coherent, and they aren't nearly as bad as the 5 or 6 teams I previously mentioned.

Just because the look is a downgrade, doesn't mean its bottom 3 in the NFL. Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Arizona, and New England all have worse looking uniforms, just form a consistency and coherence aspect. Many would argue that Seattle is bottom 5 as well, considering all the different patterns and scale issues they have on literally every piece of their uniform.

Are there downgrades in the uniform? Yes. Are there upgrades? Yes. We have already beaten all those to death. I wouldn't put the Browns in the top 10 of uniforms. Hell, I wouldn't even put them in the top half. But to say they are bottom 3 is an extreme case of someone pissing in his Cheerios this morning.

Once again, I can't reiterate enough just because its NOT AS GOOD as the previous look, doesn't mean its bottom 3. Similarly, if Tampa Bay redesigns their uniforms next year and they are an improvement, it doesn't mean they are top 5 in the league. It just means its an improvement.

Again, I would put the current Browns unis in the bottom half of the NFL. But they are consistent, they are coherent, and they aren't nearly as bad as the 5 or 6 teams I previously mentioned.

I respect your opinion but I still think a uniform featuring huge pants wordmarks and truncated stripes, huge chest wordmark, 80s-90s upshadowed numbers that are not even contrasting with the jersey, contrasting stichting and weird looking stripes (I thought these were pretty good but they look horrible in the rookie shoot) belong in NCAA division three and not in the NFL. The Bengals, Cards and Pats certainly have flaws but they're still looking decent compared to these "experiments". By the way, I had Corn Flakes this morning...

Archived