New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The number font and CLEVELAND are killing this set. The rest I like, and I could even live with the contrast stitching.

And I know I'm on an island, but the BROWNS on the pant is just awesome. I like it more each time I see it.

7053199.jpg

Exactly.

I'm living on Pangea and I hate that pants wordmark more every time I see it.

4-73896956-60a5-41e6-b0ba-55d4942856e71.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The number font and CLEVELAND are killing this set. The rest I like, and I could even live with the contrast stitching.

And I know I'm on an island, but the BROWNS on the pant is just awesome. I like it more each time I see it.

Really? It's the other way around for me. I can live with "Cleveland" on the jerseys, but "Browns" on the pants kills this set dead for me. It's the only element that 100% HAS to go, IMO.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Really? It's the other way around for me. I can live with "Cleveland" on the jerseys, but "Browns" on the pants kills this set dead for me. It's the only element that 100% HAS to go, IMO.

I don't like how far down CLEVELAND pushes the numbers. They should start along the collar, but instead start mid-chest and end below the belly. It all looks unbalanced.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't like how far down CLEVELAND pushes the numbers. They should start along the collar, but instead start mid-chest and end below the belly. It all looks unbalanced.

Okay, I gotcha. It is a bit too big and poorly positioned.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

It IS jarring, just because you're not used to seeing it in the NFL. In college there are a few teams with the "belly-number" effect.

image.JPG

missstbest10.jpg

It's weird to see the effect with an NFL team. It says a lot that an NFL team can feature this design element and it isn't even the most egregious part of the uniform. Bad as the giant chest wordmark is, IMO it isn't as bad as the orange numbers on the brown jersey, and no where near as bad as the dumbass "browns" down the leg. That leg wording is fighting the Jaguars two tone helmet for dumbest NFL design concept ever.

It IS jarring, just because you're not used to seeing it in the NFL. In college there are a few teams with the "belly-number" effect.

image.JPG

missstbest10.jpg

It's weird to see the effect with an NFL team. It says a lot that an NFL team can feature this design element and it isn't even the most egregious part of the uniform. Bad as the giant chest wordmark is, IMO it isn't as bad as the orange numbers on the brown jersey, and no where near as bad as the dumbass "browns" down the leg. That leg wording is fighting the Jaguars two tone helmet for dumbest NFL design concept ever.

thats because it's a design element that is made for college to identify the teams when there are so many teams that looked the same. The 'CLEVELAND' word mark for the Browns looks completely amateur in the NFL.

Exactly.

I'm living on Pangea and I hate that pants wordmark more every time I see it.

4-73896956-60a5-41e6-b0ba-55d4942856e71.

tumblr_inline_nkbe5dJ8t71qfwhgs.gif

POTD for sure

If the numbers were a bit lighter in weight, I'd honestly put this set in the top ten. I also love the word mark on the pants.

Keep in mind however that I have little to no use for the NFL in general and will never watch these, but the rest of you, as often happens, keep looking for new ways to outdo each other to say how much you dislike something. I get that new ideas are frowned upon by the community in general, but some of you really need to take a step back and stop hyperbolizing every time you post.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Browns in Madden 16:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Not a fan of the orange socks with the white jersey/white pants combo at all.

These shots give me hope that possibly the Browns will trim down the numbers a bit so they don't look so fat. I think that's what bugs me most about the numbers is how fat they look compared to the rest of the league. And I really wish they'd have kept the white socks with B-O-B striping.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What it comes down too is it all boils down to what Browns Fans think! And the majority likes them.

As for the rest, who cares!

And you know that how?

Polls, radio shows ect. Ect.

I can back him up on this one. The reactions to the new uniforms have been overwhelmingly positive among Browns fans. Seems that both the old school fans and the younger generation both are happy with the change.

The only negative reaction was to the "new" logo. Most wanted to see an actual logo, and not an illustration of a piece of equipment.

What it comes down too is it all boils down to what Browns Fans think! And the majority likes them.

As for the rest, who cares!

And you know that how?

Polls, radio shows ect. Ect.

I can back him up on this one. The reactions to the new uniforms have been overwhelmingly positive among Browns fans. Seems that both the old school fans and the younger generation both are happy with the change.

The only negative reaction was to the "new" logo. Most wanted to see an actual logo, and not an illustration of a piece of equipment.

Co-signed. I work with a couple guys who constantly talk to "the old Browns" and "the way things used to be" and bla bla bla that same stuff I hear every day in this City. They like the uniforms. They didn't think the Browns needed a change, but they liked the update. One of the guys 50+ even said the wordmark on the pants was the best in the NFL.

So, just like anything in life... take it for what its worth.

Archived