New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that the odd angles aren't consistent between numbers is what really bugs me, especially on that "5" The crossbar is at a slight skew, but the end of the tail is at a sharper angle.

From Deadspin's "Why Your Team Sucks" one fan put it best with the uniforms and summed up what I've been trying to say for a few months now

"The uniforms....dear God. We are now the Doritos NACHO CHEESIER X-TREME!!! of the NFL."

That's perfect.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My father once told me "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." I'll let you guys interpret that, as that is how I feel about the Browns new uniforms.

You must be very young because that's not only a very old cliché, but it is used very frequently.

As Bills fans we had to got thru the same thing in 2002 and tolerate it for those 9 years to come when the Bills wore those terrible navy blue uniforms with royal blue numbers, shoulder yokes, and even added nickel to the color scheme. Then they snuck in the monochrome navy a short time later. Thank goodness we went back to our more traditional look with royal blue and the helmet reverted back to white in 2011.

My sympathies go out to you and other Browns fan who will have to endure those uniforms for the next 5 years, as they're just awful, and what's a bigger shame is that it's happening to such a storied and traditional club like the Browns who've been around since 1946 in the old AAFC, Their only big addition over those 65 years was the addition of the orange pants during the Brian Sipe years in the 80s, otherwise they've pretty much stuck to tradition.

Perhaps we'll see the brown jerseys / white pants next week Thursday on ESPN when they play Buffalo. Why they needed to put 'CLEVELAND' is such jumbo fonts as the jersey word-mark I'll never know. I think any football fan knows what the Browns look like, even after undergoing this massive change.

There's a lot of orange on those new Browns uniforms. I like that. The stripes all around the uniforms are growing on me, pants especially. The numbers are still a sore part of the uniform. Overall, the look is growing on me

AmPJ0Ty.png 

By my count the Browns new uniform has 16 bad decisions and only 1 good decision (orange pants)

Also, colorwerx tweeted that the numbers actually have a bumpy dot texture to them because the Browns numbers are a basketball?

https://twitter.com/ColorWerx/status/631296185681100800/photo/1

fake edit: the 16 7 bad decisions are

- matte helmet finish - I like it

- pointless carbon fiber brown stripe made worse by the nike speak claiming it symbolizes Cleveland's blue collar industry - I like it

- brown facemask - I like it

- orange numbers on the brown jersey - make them white

- orange numbers on the white jersey - make them brown

- number font - I like it

- dot texture in the numbers - too subtle to make a difference

- the rise shadow on the numbers - it's unique and it works for them

- that they deliberately choose to use the rise shadow on the numbers, but not on the giant Cleveland wordmark - I don't have a problem with it

- giant Cleveland wordmark - make it smaller

- sleeve stripes extending inwards towards the chest - I think it works

- CONTRASTING STITCHING - WHAT ARE THEY DOING THAT IS GOD AWFUL

- truncated pants stripe

- BROWNS on the pant leg - normal pants stripes please

- orange socks - I don't have an issue with it as an option, but it shouldn't be the primary

- brown pants - just stick with white and orange please

That's not even mentioning the new bad logo that doesnt even appear on the uniform. The whole thing is a complete mess

I think that the uniforms are bad, but definitely salvageable. They aren't the monstrosity they are portrayed to be.

My father once told me "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." I'll let you guys interpret that, as that is how I feel about the Browns new uniforms.

You must be very young because that's not only a very old cliché, but it is used very frequently.

As Bills fans we had to got thru the same thing in 2002 and tolerate it for those 9 years to come when the Bills wore those terrible navy blue uniforms with royal blue numbers, shoulder yokes, and even added nickel to the color scheme. Then they snuck in the monochrome navy a short time later. Thank goodness we went back to our more traditional look with royal blue and the helmet reverted back to white in 2011.

My sympathies go out to you and other Browns fan who will have to endure those uniforms for the next 5 years, as they're just awful, and what's a bigger shame is that it's happening to such a storied and traditional club like the Browns who've been around since 1946 in the old AAFC, Their only big addition over those 65 years was the addition of the orange pants during the Brian Sipe years in the 80s, otherwise they've pretty much stuck to tradition.

Perhaps we'll see the brown jerseys / white pants next week Thursday on ESPN when they play Buffalo. Why they needed to put 'CLEVELAND' is such jumbo fonts as the jersey word-mark I'll never know. I think any football fan knows what the Browns look like, even after undergoing this massive change.

They produced the same disaster of a uniform in 1984 with nearly identical elements (orange numbers, streamlined stripes etc.) but they wised up after a single season. This time around they will likely be stuck for 5 seasons in wearing fubu inspired design fit for a mid major. I pity the fans for being subject to such indignity.

They produced the same disaster of a uniform in 1984 with nearly identical elements (orange numbers, streamlined stripes etc.) but they wised up after a single season. This time around they will likely be stuck for 5 seasons in wearing fubu inspired design fit for a mid major. I pity the fans for being subject to such indignity.

Just like the old saying goes; "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Coming from a big Browns fan, I officially hate these uniforms. The only good things that came from this set was the helmet, and orange pants/jerseys.

The number font sucks, the number color sucks, the up shadow is stupid, the sleeve stripe extends too far, the pants are god awful, and literally everything is worse than the last set. The jerseys feel like a MAC school trying to be trendy and copying Oregon, Maryland, and Seattle.

Change for the sake of change, and I can't wait until we get throwbacks or a return to the previous set. Cleveland gonna Cleveland.

spacer.png

I gotta say, the pant stripes are kinda growing on me. I'm not sure I'll be able to get use to that awkward-looking number font, but I guess I'll have to live with it. The brown facemasks look great IMO.

I think they look good in action, but the "BROWNS" on the pants ruins the whole uniform. If they just finished the strip it would be a good modernization of a classic look, but the weird slanted cut-off throws off the entire uniform.

Coming from a big Browns fan, I officially hate these uniforms. The only good things that came from this set was the helmet, and orange pants/jerseys.

The number font sucks, the number color sucks, the up shadow is stupid, the sleeve stripe extends too far, the pants are god awful, and literally everything is worse than the last set. The jerseys feel like a MAC school trying to be trendy and copying Oregon, Maryland, and Seattle.

Change for the sake of change, and I can't wait until we get throwbacks or a return to the previous set. Cleveland gonna Cleveland.

I've gotta give them some credit, the helmet looks good. Every single other change is a mess.

0ap3000000509644.jpg

temp081315redskins8--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

temp081315redskins6--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

temp081315redskins3--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

It's amazing how both the bad and the good all hits you in the face at the same time. On one hand it's another Bucs-level flop. On the other hand, it's a few tweaks away from being a Vikings-level modern update. It's frustrating to look at. There's just so much wasted potential with this set. They really had a shot at coming up with something nice, yet they flushed it down the drain in favor of pant-stripe lettering, strange fonts, and non-traditional number colors.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived