New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I saw the jersey in person for the first time this weekend. I gotta say, it looks even a little wonkier in person. Originally, I didn't really have a big reaction the the contrast stitching... I think in photos and most likely on TV, it'll be pretty harmless. But in person, the stitching stands out way more than I expected it to. Distracting. I still think the orange numbers on the brown jersey will be hard to read... in person backs that up, to me. Lower contrast than I'd like for jersey numbers. And the number font is so weird... I just don't get the overall concept. In photos, I kept thinking I was getting a bad angle, but in person, the same thing is happening. i just slightly off angles make all the numbers seem crooked.

IMG_1930_zpsigujs9up.jpg

I saw these in person a couple weeks ago at a Lids Locker Room in Cleveland and I've got to say you're right all along. The stitching that some call unnoticeable sticks out like a sore thumb in person. You can't look at these on the same wall as other NFL jerseys and honestly think they don't look amateurish. The Walmart replicas have gotta be the better comparison these can have...

It really is close to Bucs level of bad. Seeing it in action with the pants might drop it down to a tie with the Bucs (I don't know if anything could possibly actually go lower.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The brown jersey is easily the weakest of the whole uniform set, and I blame it on the use of Orange numbers, making it not look very legible as it should be. Should have been white with orange shadow. I really like the orange one though and I think they should've just went with that as the Home uniform.

I don't have much of a problem with the Browns new look because it's clearly them trying to find an identity and excite the fanbase, plus theres no logo on the helmet, so the visual identifier is on the uniform itself which makes sense for a team that really was plain and had no identity in the first place.

Jaguars still have the worst look in the NFL. Nothing comes close.

bSLCtu2.png

To echo, the weird (and somewhat arbitrary) angles and drop-shadows in the numbers are really odd when nothing else in the identity has those features.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I saw the orange one in person on Thursday. I didn't notice the stitching though. I just thought it looked so odd, especially with the old ones on a rack behind me for 27.50, including a couple white ones for 75. If I had money with me, I would've bought the old Manziel jersey to go with my other Browns jersey just because they look so much better & cleaner.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I saw the orange one in person on Thursday. I didn't notice the stitching though. I just thought it looked so odd, especially with the old ones on a rack behind me for 27.50, including a couple white ones for 75. If I had money with me, I would've bought the old Manziel jersey to go with my other Browns jersey just because they look so much better & cleaner.

Exactly why I've bought both the brown and white jerseys from the old set from Marshalls. Besides the fact that they were originally 300 and on sale for under 30 bucks, the old ones just look better. Though I'll probably invest in a new one eventually...

Has anybody done a sheet for those numbers yet? I'd like to see them all together... maybe I'm missing something.

This is what Conrad came up with based on the wordmark font. Would've been miles better...

we-are-cleveland.png?w=788

I'm surprised they didn't go with that, because it's more keeping with the recent trend of adding random angles where there should be curve, and vice versa. To me, it's probably as awful as what they went with. It looks like they combined the Rams' font with the Dolphins'.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I didn't notice how bad those Browns numbers are until now. This is one of the rare cases where the uniform gets worse for me as time goes on and they haven't even been worn in a game yet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I didn't notice how bad those Browns numbers are until now. This is one of the rare cases where the uniform gets worse for me as time goes on and they haven't even been worn in a game yet.

I felt the same way about the new Buccaneer uniform... it was the gift that kept on giving. This one seems similar.

By my count the Browns new uniform has 16 bad decisions and only 1 good decision (orange pants)

Also, colorwerx tweeted that the numbers actually have a bumpy dot texture to them because the Browns numbers are a basketball?

https://twitter.com/ColorWerx/status/631296185681100800/photo/1

fake edit: the 16 bad decisions are

- matte helmet finish

- pointless carbon fiber brown stripe made worse by the nike speak claiming it symbolizes Cleveland's blue collar industry

- brown facemask

- orange numbers on the brown jersey

- orange numbers on the white jersey

- number font

- dot texture in the numbers

- the rise shadow on the numbers

- that they deliberately choose to use the rise shadow on the numbers, but not on the giant Cleveland wordmark

- giant Cleveland wordmark

- sleeve stripes extending inwards towards the chest

- CONTRASTING STITCHING

- truncated pants stripe

- BROWNS on the pant leg

- orange socks

- brown pants

That's not even mentioning the new bad logo that doesnt even appear on the uniform. The whole thing is a complete mess

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived