New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Minnesota Vikings

3. Chicago Bears

11. Detroit Lions

So it's save to say you like the NFC North uniforms...

That is very safe to say...if Detroit still had the Barry Sanders uniforms they would be in the top 5.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing- I think the seemingly overwhelming love for the Vikings' uniforms stems from just how bad their past ones were. I think the new uniforms are mostly good; probably in the top half of the league. But they have a whole laundry list worth of flaws, many of which are big. I think people are still in the honeymoon phase with their uniforms because they were scarred by how horrendous the past ones were.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Another thing- I think the seemingly overwhelming love for the Vikings' uniforms stems from just how bad their past ones were. I think the new uniforms are mostly good; probably in the top half of the league. But they have a whole laundry list worth of flaws, many of which are big. I think people are still in the honeymoon phase with their uniforms because they were scarred by how horrendous the past ones were.

Agreed. The current uniforms are miles ahead of the last set. However, I have a hard time getting past the numbers and the sail-like sleeve stripe.

They have also been helped by playing home games outdoors. The sunlight makes the purple look very rich, which never happened in the Metrodome.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Good point. There's probably some truth to this. I really like the new Vikings uniforms but I'll also admit to absolutely loathing their previous set.

Adrian+Peterson+Brett+Favre+Minnesota+Vi

The Falcons, Bengals, Cardinals, Patriots, and Titans all come to mind as having this same problem -- once "modern" designs that are past due for an update.

To a lesser-extent, I think the Panthers, Broncos, and Ravens could also use some refreshing.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Minnesota Vikings

3. Chicago Bears

11. Detroit Lions

That is very safe to say...if Detroit still had the Barry Sanders uniforms they would be in the top 5.

Yeah, but this is your ideal NFC North, right?

Packers-Throwbacks-620x840.jpg

peppers-bears-throwback-jersey.png

6183280282_eb11831dab_z.jpg

RackMultipart.1033.0_display_image.jpg?1

;)

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Minnesota Vikings

3. Chicago Bears

11. Detroit Lions

Packers-Throwbacks-620x840.jpg

peppers-bears-throwback-jersey.png

6183280282_eb11831dab_z.jpg

RackMultipart.1033.0_display_image.jpg?1

;)

Did I say anything about throwback uniforms? I was ranking current uniforms as 3 of those 4 looks would be dropped immediately to the bottom 12 due to those horrible facemasks.

spacer.png

I actually liked their last set, I just think their current set fixed all the mistakes from the previous two sets.

spacer.png

Mine

TOP TEN: Colts, Bills, Chiefs, Packers, Raiders, Panthers, Vikings, Bears, Steelers, 49ers

MIDDLE DOZEN: Chargers, Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, Titans, Lions, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Rams, Broncos, Ravens

BOTTOM TEN: Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Cardinals, Eagles, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Saints, Bucs

1. Green Bay Packers

2. Minnesota Vikings

3. Chicago Bears

11. Detroit Lions

;)

Did I say anything about throwback uniforms? I was ranking current uniforms as 3 of those 4 looks would be dropped immediately to the bottom 12 due to those horrible facemasks.

That was the joke. I was just teasing you about your disdain for gray facemasks. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. The helmet looks good. The rest, not so much.

Two quick fixes: drop the awkward chest stripe and extend the pant stripe all the way to get rid of "'Browns' down the leg". I think this just shows that the questionable details (contrast stitching, drop-shadows, and to an extent the font choices) won't be much of an eyesore given the distance of television broadcasts.

The jerseys themselves are a downgrade from the last set (the helmet is an upgrade), but I really can't say is dislike the orange or white jerseys. In a vacuum by themselves and ignoring the Browns' history of classic uniforms, I like them.

However, the orange numbers on the brown jersey and the wordmark on the pants are terrible.

Pics from the rookie photo shoot:

CGRPxZ9UIAAyjJQ.jpg

CGSI0u2UcAAJxLL.jpgCGSI0u2VIAAolXr.jpg

CGRK9qSUgAIXKXo.jpg

CGR9XpVUAAEdaoD.jpg

My opinion on them has soured over the last month. Not that I really liked them much to begin with, but I'm really not fond of them now.

These just straight up reek of Wal-Mart/Fubu ripoff.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I really, REALLY like how the browns did the striping.

Makes them seem part of the uniform, compared to just being cut off at will(bills, steelers for a couple)

but...they still kind of "cut off at will". these are garbage.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

The number font and CLEVELAND are killing this set. The rest I like, and I could even live with the contrast stitching.

And I know I'm on an island, but the BROWNS on the pant is just awesome. I like it more each time I see it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The number font and CLEVELAND are killing this set. The rest I like, and I could even live with the contrast stitching.

And I know I'm on an island, but the BROWNS on the pant is just awesome. I like it more each time I see it.

7053199.jpg

Archived