New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The 2.5 most misused terms in this board are "pop" and "(re)branding".

Agreed. One doesn't mean anything, and people continuously misuse the other 1.5.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're supposed to trust someone named "guest123"?

I sure as hell wouldn't trust him. Much better to trust the guy who's username is an homage to the buffoon man child on Arrested Development.

Agreed, although I might argue there is no proper use of the term "pop" when discussing design... makes me cringe every time I read it.

I hear it from the turds in my marketing and merchandising departments all day at work. "Make sure it POPS!"

Which of course means, make it ugly and gradienty*.

*Yes, that's a word now.

The new orange and stripes look awesome. But I just don't see a difference in the helmet finish. Big missed opportunity...

CEapJ_lWAAA6jZ1.jpg

I definitely see a difference. Here's the former helmets in a similar setting. Just look at how the light reflects off the stripes and not the shell vs. The reflection on the former shell.

Browns-Helmets-Icon-Sports-Media-440x270

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Agreed, although I might argue there is no proper use of the term "pop" when discussing design... makes me cringe every time I read it.

OK. when talking about glossiness and finishes, which I was, yes I used it properly. No need to act so dramatic and "cringing" because of a 3-letter word and the other "1.5 words". That sounds more ridiculous than the word "pop" being used appropriately.

The new orange and stripes look awesome. But I just don't see a difference in the helmet finish. Big missed opportunity...

CEapJ_lWAAA6jZ1.jpg

I definitely see a difference. Here's the former helmets in a similar setting. Just look at how the light reflects off the stripes and not the shell vs. The reflection on the former shell.

Browns-Helmets-Icon-Sports-Media-440x270

Thank you. Someone has some comprehension skills.

I'm not even trying to argue, but there's a whole lot of "internet emotion" that frequents this forum over offtopic things such as language and grammar derails too many threads. hat isn't really necessary.

"Oh no, he typed the w POP! I may vomit." "ME TOO!

I guess that's what the offseason gives us. Still, I'd reather discuss actual uniforms and logos than playing Merriam-Webster all the time.

87Redskins.png

Not to mention most people who cite "grammar" errors are actually referring to style rather than grammar.. Such as the "We the North" debate.. Not a grammar issue, but rather a style issue, and the grammar is correct without the comma (as in "we the people")

Not to mention most people who cite "grammar" errors are actually referring to style rather than grammar.. Such as the "We the North" debate.. Not a grammar issue, but rather a style issue, and the grammar is correct without the comma (as in "we the people")

Who dat?

Who dey?

Who is doing that?

I din do nuffin.

87Redskins.png

Completely disagree with the comments about doing something just to do something.

In my opinion, in the era of HD TV, these little details can make a pretty significant difference. People eat up the "finish" on a helmet these days, and the brown carbon stripes are a lot more subtle while adding texture than anything else being done with HGI's typical design elements at the college level...where they absolutely are doing stuff just to do stuff.

Does the carbon design really have anything to do with anything? No...but it's a noticeable texture. It will be noticed on television. And while I personally don't like it, others will

It's May 25th, and NFL.com is still using the old Browns helmet...

Old%20browns%20helmet%20may%2025.jpg

This illustrates where I think the NFL's design team/directive lacks guts. The new logos lately have been so incremental in changes, I'd bet they are designed not to be noticed in situations like this.

If a big change is a good one- make it. These types of errors go away in time.

It's May 25th, and NFL.com is still using the old Browns helmet...

Old%20browns%20helmet%20may%2025.jpg

This illustrates where I think the NFL's design team/directive lacks guts. The new logos lately have been so incremental in changes, I'd bet they are designed not to be noticed in situations like this.

If a big change is a good one- make it. These types of errors go away in time.

The first thing I noticed is that the Eagles logo is backwards...

bufg.png

I understand that it's not a huge change. And that the NFL/Nike hasn't produced new gear yet. But, it's annoying seeing all of the Browns players and staff wearing the old logos on everything.

Archived