New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Meh...the more I see the new uniforms, the less I like them. Something about them is just a little off. I like the slight color change, but other than that, I preferred the previous sets. They were totally fine the way they were.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh...the more I see the new uniforms, the less I like them. Something about them is just a little off. I like the slight color change, but other than that, I preferred the previous sets. They were totally fine the way they were.

Ditto. Not a big fan of the brown jerseys and orange numbers.

Yeah, the sleeve stripes aren't really working in those pics. They don't seem to cut off where they're supposed to. Shame, because it's a darn good idea. Again, it's the little things.

This set is such a disappointment to me. So close to a respectable update, yet so far.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Hot garbage.

It's the sleeve stripes. I get what they were trying to do, but it just looks terrible in practice.

Yeah, the sleeve stripes aren't really working in those pics. They don't seem to cut off where they're supposed to. Shame, because it's a darn good idea. Again, it's the little things.

This set is such a disappointment to me. So close to a respectable update, yet so far.

Agree completely. What's funny to me is when I first saw the leaked pic of the jersey on a hanger, I thought the way the stripes moved onto the chest was kind of clever. Like it was a nice modern twist, and a decent answer to the shrinking sleeve problem. But in practice? The actual jersey being worn over pads? Yeesh... not working AT ALL.

They have to wait what, five years before getting rid of these? What a mess...

They could fix the pants tomorrow. Which would be a huge step in the right direction.

Yeah, there's been plenty of precedence of changes like that... pants stripes, adding secondary socks, etc... that I think we all believe they can get away with fixing the pants. At least. When the Rams switched to navy in 2000, they changed their number font in 2001, and altered their jersey in 2002 (removing a side panel). Hell, I think the Browns could reverse the colors of the numbers on their Brown jersey (claim "legibility" issues) next year, and the NFL would probably let them get away with it.

So close.

These need a few small tweaks:

- Make the wordmark/numbers on the brown jerseys white with an orange shadow. Make the wordmark/numbers on the white jersey brown with an orange shadow.

- Change the striping on the brown jerseys to white/orange/white. On the white make it orange/brown/orange, which would better reflect their history.

- Do the same for the pants, and ditch the awful wordmark.

- Striped socks. Why not?

Do this, and these are a keeper.

If I had Photoshop skillz I'd whip up a rendering. Alas...

They have to wait what, five years before getting rid of these? What a mess...

They could fix the pants tomorrow. Which would be a huge step in the right direction.

The pants are the only thing I like about the uniform.

The jerseys hurt my eyes - there's just too much going on and the drop shadow is coming in from an unexpected direction. I really hate it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So close.

- Make the wordmark/numbers on the brown jerseys white with an orange shadow. Make the wordmark/numbers on the white jersey brown with an orange shadow.

- Change the striping on the brown jerseys to white/orange/white. On the white make it orange/brown/orange, which would better reflect their history.

I made most these changes a few pages back.

tcj8IVX.png

If you like the Cleveland word mark better:

YrUERBL.jpg

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So close.

I made most these changes a few pages back.

tcj8IVX.png

Can you try it without number upshadows or whatever the hell this is called?

I agree that these look even worse than at the unveiling. The point of the wrap-around stripes was a creative way to keep stripe continuity. The only issue is, the stripes are distorted and curve downward on a guy wearing the jersey while standing around. How awful are they going to look on the field when the players tailor their jerseys? What a disaster.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived