New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The closer we get to this thing, the more I feel this is going to be a really half-assed rebrand.

I'm thinking it's going to be full-assed mess. You've got a minor league quality ownership/management group with access to nfl resources that feel little or no obligation to the club's history and fan base. I think we're going to see a lot of cutting edge/aggressive design elements with a ton of bulldog references.

I predict Poochie on PED's.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The closer we get to this thing, the more I feel this is going to be a really half-assed rebrand.

I'm thinking it's going to be full-assed mess. You've got a minor league quality ownership/management group with access to nfl resources that feel little or no obligation to the club's history and fan base. I think we're going to see a lot of cutting edge/aggressive design elements with a ton of bulldog references.

I predict Poochie on PED's.

Absolutely. Silly textures to everything (helmet, jersey numbers, maybe sleeve stripes), an unusual helmet finish, making the helmet stripes clownishly large, coming up with an unnecessarily contrived font, probably with single-color orange numbers on the brown jerseys, and an additional color added to the pallet to clutter things. I think we all know what's going to come of the Browns if we put all Nike's revamps next to each other and squint. And it'll only be worse because the owner is a boob (as you said), who has been a lifelong Steelers fan. Combine his incompetence with the desire to slash everything to the ground in an attempt to sell new merch, his indifference to franchise history and Nike not being restrained as they've shown they need to be... whooo-boy. Considering the Browns' franchise history and jersey history, I think this might end up being the worst Nike revamp yet.

Hopefully we're wrong and the big unveiling is just them removing the chest wordmark and switching back to white facemasks. However, I can't see that being the case, considering they've announced a rebrand when the only changes needed were "get rid of brown pants" and "make an actual logo."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

More from twitter:

How do you feel about brown facemasks #Browns fans? Will be part of new helmet source tells me in addition to change in hue of orange

And then Manziel tweeted this apparently:
B-I-TxtIgAACoML.jpg

Really wanna bite on this, but me thinks the troll is trolling.

I definitely think the "rebrand" will be disappointing. Have a bad feeling they are going to resemble the Jaguars or Bucs. Overly-designed mess with no cohesiveness.

There were a few easy fixes that could have been made. Ditch the Brown pants, bring back orange pants, and create a new primary logo.

More from twitter:

Daryl Ruiter@RuiterWrongFAN 1h1 hour ago

How do you feel about brown facemasks #Browns fans? Will be part of new helmet source tells me in addition to change in hue of orange

https://twitter.com/JohnnyyManziel/status/568085015390752768

And then Manziel tweeted this apparently:

B-I-TxtIgAACoML.jpg

https://twitter.com/JohnnyyManziel/status/568085015390752768

Really wanna bite on this, but me thinks the troll is trolling.

That's just a Fraser Davidson Concept

https://dribbble.com/shots/1936898-Cleveland-Browns?list=following&offset=4

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm curious to see the color combos. I think 3 pants colors would have been great... white, brown and either gray/orange. I am assuming they do white and brown. It will be interesting to see what colors the jerseys are. I think its safe to say gray and white will be 2 of the colors... curious to see if they do orange or brown at the 3rd.

Why do you think it's safe to say gray?

The Bills red helmet on top of the royal blue jersey (during the 90s) was pretty awesome. However, the red helmet on top of the white jersey and white pants was a bit of a downgrade, IMO.

I agree. I didn't like the road look, as it always looked a little soft to me. I thought blue pants with striping to match the blue jerseys would have made the road look incredible, however. And that was before the monochrome nonsense became chic, so they wouldn't have had to worry about the players messing with the look they way they did in the aughts.

too many bad memories for our bills fans. keep the white

For all this talk of gray, adding gray hasn't even been confirmed... two years ago various Reddit jackasses had the Vikings adding gray, and that didn't happen. My guess (guess, obviously) is the 3 jerseys will be white, brown and orange. Firstly, gray jerseys have already failed in Seattle, and secondly, its jusy unfathomable for me to imagine the Browns without a brown jersey option. The question is, will they make the assinine decision to have the orange be the primary and the brown be the secondary? I could see them trying that. Having the orange be the primary, and pair it up with brown pants, with an all-white road uniform.

Not good.

I'm curious to see the color combos. I think 3 pants colors would have been great... white, brown and either gray/orange. I am assuming they do white and brown. It will be interesting to see what colors the jerseys are. I think its safe to say gray and white will be 2 of the colors... curious to see if they do orange or brown at the 3rd.

Why do you think it's safe to say gray?

Because that's the world we live in. Gray is everywhere now. It would only make sense that the Browns try and capitalize on it.

Archived