New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

For those wondering how a brown facemask will look:

8100524.jpg

And a matte helmet.

That helmet is straight up beautiful.

i hope they go to this. if nike screws this up, i lose all hope for nike. i'm begining to think, signing with them wasn't a good idea.

I blame easily impressionable ownership groups with extremely poor tastes in aesthetics.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fear 2 directions - a cluttered mess of stripes yokes and triangles, although that's more a 2010 trend or earlier...and possibly a dolphins style misstep removing an essential color. The dolphins are a generic aqua team now, without barely a hint if orange - I don't recognize them. I can see the browns becoming a bland unrecognizable orange + grey.

For those wondering how a brown facemask will look:

8100524.jpg

And a matte helmet.

That helmet is straight up beautiful.

i hope they go to this. if nike screws this up, i lose all hope for nike. i'm begining to think, signing with them wasn't a good idea.

I blame easily impressionable ownership groups with extremely poor tastes in aesthetics.

Don't blame Nike , like guest says blame the nfl executives who aren't professional artists and tailors. That's all who it comes down to in the NFL.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm curious to see the color combos. I think 3 pants colors would have been great... white, brown and either gray/orange. I am assuming they do white and brown. It will be interesting to see what colors the jerseys are. I think its safe to say gray and white will be 2 of the colors... curious to see if they do orange or brown at the 3rd.

Why do you think it's safe to say gray?

Because that's the world we live in. Gray is everywhere now. It would only make sense that the Browns try and capitalize on it.

No. Capitalize is not the correct word. "Capitalize" would be them coming out with an orange jersey because orange is a trendy color. Gray would be them stupidly jumping to a fad. And no, I don't think people are demanding gray. It's literally the least inspiring color there is. Shoe companies are pushing gray. So it's plausible the Browns will do something dumb by adding gray into their scheme. Besides, even if there was a groundswell of demand for bland gray t-shirts and jerseys, the Browns could just sell fashion jerseys in gray.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm usually not one to get too charged up about a uniform before I see it, but I expect these to be a bushel of bad decisions rolled into one set of football uniforms and they will look like garbage. I have no trust in Nike to make correct choices unless they're working with a strong team who's going to put their foot down to their nonsense suggestions. The Browns under Haslem are not that team.

Prove me wrong, Browns/Nike!

One prediction I guarantee will come true: dennisbergan will love them and chastise those who don't. Prove me wrong, dennis!

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm usually not one to get too charged up about a uniform before I see it, but I expect these to be a bushel of bad decisions rolled into one set of football uniforms and they will look like garbage. I have no trust in Nike to make correct choices unless they're working with a strong team who's going to put their foot down to their nonsense suggestions. The Browns under Haslem are not that team.

One prediction I guarantee will come true: dennisbergan will love them and chastise those who don't. Prove me wrong, dennis!

I for one am eagerly looking forward to reading the nikecopy that accompanies the unveiling. What phrase in 2015 can supplant the ridiculousness of 2014's "iconic jaws"?

I'm not against gray facemasks in general, but I really dislike the Browns having a gray facemask. Part of it is that I loved their look with the white facemasks, and in general I consider their look circa 2000 to be as good as any football set ever. I don't know what it is, but orange and gray look really ugly together in this instance. Still, I'm sure us non-bergans will be pining for that helmet over what they roll out in a few weeks.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I for one am eagerly looking forward to reading the nikecopy that accompanies the unveiling. What phrase in 2015 can supplant the ridiculousness of 2014's "iconic jaws"?

"The dreary gray pants pay homage to Cleveland's legendary blight and malaise."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No. Capitalize is not the correct word. "Capitalize" would be them coming out with an orange jersey because orange is a trendy color. Gray would be them stupidly jumping to a fad. And no, I don't think people are demanding gray. It's literally the least inspiring color there is. Shoe companies are pushing gray. So it's plausible the Browns will do something dumb by adding gray into their scheme. Besides, even if there was a groundswell of demand for bland gray t-shirts and jerseys, the Browns could just sell fashion jerseys in gray.

So what would you consider to be the difference between "trendy" and "a fad"? Other than your personal aesthetic preferences?

So what would you consider to be the difference between "trendy" and "a fad"? Other than your personal aesthetic preferences?

Well, I suppose fad or trend could be used interchangeably, but that's not my point. I think orange is "in", and most importantly, it's also one of the Browns' colors. So them putting out more orange merchandise or an orange jersey would be capitalizing on the fad. They're operating from a position of strength and seizing an opportunity which was inherently theirs. However, them switching their identity to include a random "in" color (gray, volt, neon green), would be different because those colors had nothing to do with the franchise. It would be jumping to a new opportunity, but it wouldn't be capitalizing on any advantage or opportunity they have in their current state.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So no helmet today?

I doubt it, the guy this rumor originated from doesn't have any credibility really. However, he's still sticking to his story and he thinks it will be later in the day, but I don't believe him. I guess we'll see.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived