New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

It's a reddit rumor, but one from a guy who hasn't wavered once on what the changes will be. He's claiming a "candy orange" with a matching facemask and changes to the stripe. He seems to be connected to Nike somehow, but I'm taking it all with a grain of salt.

Well that's encouraging as so many other reddit rumours have proven themselves credible on this site...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never had this much anticipation for a reveal in sports uniform history. This is going to be fun to keep an eye on.

No kidding, this one is surely going to (in informal terms) body the Buc's unofficial record for unveil thread hype.

It blows that they're likely not using the brownie (per the article above). If they use the dog, though, fingers crossed that it's wearing the helmet. This league has a stark absence of helmet-wearing animals.

I've never had this much anticipation for a reveal in sports uniform history. This is going to be fun to keep an eye on.

No kidding, this one is surely going to (in informal terms) body the Buc's unofficial record for unveil thread hype.

It blows that they're likely not using the brownie (per the article above). If they use the dog, though, fingers crossed that it's wearing the helmet. This league has a stark absence of helmet-wearing animals.

The article says the new logo will not incorporate the helmet.

If it were my money I'd put 50 on a junkyard dog and 50 on a stylized C.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

If they really announce a separate reveal day for the helmet, I guess that will be the death knell for "we aren't touching the helmet".

Oh snap....that's a good point. If there is a change, let's hope it's minimal, like a change in facemask color.

I've always taken "we aren't touching the helmet" to simply mean no drastic changes. Orange helmet without a logo. But changes with striping, facemask, and finish are likely fair game.

I'm not too worried about the helmet update, and a simple logo will be great as long as it stays off the helmet. It's the uniforms that potentially worry me.

Unless you're referencing a different article, you've got it backwards. The helmet will not incorporate the logo. The logo could incorporate the helmet, although I hope it doesn't. I hope it's something simple like the old B football, or bulldog face. No big brownie cartoon or dog wearing a helmet. We can have a logo but simplicity is the big part of the brand. Which is why I, again, dread the uniforms.

Sorry to hear 3 jersey colors but only 2 pants colors reiterated. I really wanted to see brown orange and white options for both. To me mixing and matching those would be a great way to be more modern and innovative but maintain a simple and traditional template.

Unless you're referencing a different article, you've got it backwards. The helmet will not incorporate the logo. The logo could incorporate the helmet, although I hope it doesn't. I hope it's something simple like the old B football, or bulldog face. No big brownie cartoon or dog wearing a helmet. We can have a logo but simplicity is the big part of the brand. Which is why I, again, dread the uniforms.

Sorry to hear 3 jersey colors but only 2 pants colors reiterated. I really wanted to see brown orange and white options for both. To me mixing and matching those would be a great way to be more modern and innovative but maintain a simple and traditional template.

Doop. I read that wrong. My apologies.

I still don't think the helmet will be incorporated into the logo. Don't want another one of those never ending dolphin-helmet loops.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I think the uniforms will look okay. My reasoning is that of the Nike redesigns that have happened with the more historic teams with a history of classic looking uniforms (Dolphins and Vikings), they turned out the best. Granted the custom number fonts could've been done better. But overall those redesigns look the best in my view. I think (hope) that this redesign will be more on par with those designs than the off the wall craziness of the Seahawks, Bucs and Jags (although I do like the Seahawks and most of the Jags changes...except stupid gradient helmet and teal shoulders).

I agree. I think the new logo is going to emphasize the bulldog.

• They have introduced Swagger running out on the field before every game.
  • Chomps goes to all the charity events/appearances.
  • The social media emphasis from the Browns is every bulldog orientated.
  • Their hashtags are consistently #WeBarkTogether and #100DawgPound.
  • Part of the new "atmosphere" is the Dawg Pound passing down a giant flag/sheet that says 100% DAWG POUND on it.
  • Players on social media have really gravitated towards the Dawg Pound moniker.

If its not going to be the elf, I would much rather have the bulldog than the horrible =B= logo that everyone seems to pine for. Its terrible.

I'm curious to see the color combos. I think 3 pants colors would have been great... white, brown and either gray/orange. I am assuming they do white and brown. It will be interesting to see what colors the jerseys are. I think its safe to say gray and white will be 2 of the colors... curious to see if they do orange or brown at the 3rd.

EDIT: A few quotes from the beat reporter for the official radio network of the Browns:

@RuiterWrongFAN

Also old school #Browns fans will be disappointed to learn Brownie is not returning whole or in part of the new logo

@RuiterWrongFAN

For the millionth time, there will be no logo on the new helmet. Relax #Browns fans

I used to hate the idea of a dog for the Browns. It would be like a hog for Washington (since fans of the two teams were the "dog pound" and "hogs", respectively).

But the more I think about it, the more I kinda like the way a dog will have come to fruition sort of "naturally". I still think I'd prefer a basic "C" (something like the B in the football). But I could live with a dog logo so long as it is not on the helmet. An animal head (I assume; full body animals don't last) on the Browns helmet would be akin to putting Yoshi on the Habs' jersey. At least to me.

I could live with a basic "C" on the helmet (much, much better than a dog) but I really hope they keep it blank.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Does the NFL require that facemasks be one color? Not that I'm advocating doing this, but would the Browns be able to have a multi-colored facemask? For example, having a mask that extends the brown-white-brown stripes from the crown of the helmet straight down through the mask, with orange continuing around the sides. Basically what Oregon did with its facemasks with the wings this year.

Again, I'm not saying they should. I'm just wondering if they can.

Archived