Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here comes another Los Angeles Kings "trademark" come-from-behind series win.

Or another trademark 2014 Playoffs Kings 3-Game Losing Streak.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Michal Handzus was the worst possession player in the NHL through the first two rounds and it wasn't even close. Yet out he goes, anchoring the second line every night in more way than one. In the 3rd period of Game 2, Bollig kills a rush with an egregious offside, then takes a bad penalty that leads to a Kings PP goal, and never misses a shift. The special teams are woefully disorganized. Veterans become undisciplined late in close games.

This all points in one direction, and it isn't toward the goal crease.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh, Crawford, how I loathe thee.

Yeah, uh, Crawford isn't even close to the biggest problem the Hawks have right now. He's not at fault when you've got dumbasses like Oduya standing still in front of the net when the Kings take a shot.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Toews, that son of a...

(12 minutes later)

Toews, that mother fuc#er again...

Just do everyone a favor and go away. Stop showing your complete imaturity, I realize the game is on before your bedtime and it's a holiday weekend, but son go away and stop embarrassing yourself. You bring nothing and I mean nothing to the discussion of hockey and the playoffs.

Here comes another Los Angeles Kings "trademark" come-from-behind series win.

Still too early to call this series. But for all the talk of the Blackhawks having the Kings' number, it's certainly been encouraging seeing the Kings play their game effectively so far.

Watching you trying to talk hockey is funny.

I was admittedly skeptical about the whole Krieder doing it on purpose thing, until I saw this...

Other than the hit on Fleury those are clearly accidents. The Anderson incident is more on Methot than it is on Kreider. He's 230 lbs and crashing the net is part of his style so occasionally there are going to be injuries. Much like the Erik Karlsson injury fans are simply upset about losing their best player and taking it out on the injurer by making him a villain.

I was admittedly skeptical about the whole Krieder doing it on purpose thing, until I saw this...

Other than the hit on Fleury those are clearly accidents. The Anderson incident is more on Methot than it is on Kreider. He's 230 lbs and crashing the net is part of his style so occasionally there are going to be injuries. Much like the Erik Karlsson injury fans are simply upset about losing their best player and taking it out on the injurer by making him a villain.

I can see how he could have lost his edge on the Anderson injury, but I don't see it on the Price one. He got some insignificant whacks from the defensemen and then flopped like a fish.

Rags win it in OT. Montreal had some chances but their power play was horrid.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well the good news for the Habs is that, in the event of a game seven, Montreal will have home ice advantage. Which means getting the Rangers away from MSG, where they're undefeated in game sevens. The bad news is that they'll still have to face Henrik Lundqvist in a game seven. Assuming they can even get there.

So you know...good run Habs!

The question for the remaining WCF is how the Kings will manage to finally beat the Highlander of teams who just doesn't seem to want to die. I would recommend cutting off the head, but, well...y'know...

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived