Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Yeah, ok there, Funky. Chillax.

I was making a Dallas Buyers Club reference. Y'know, the movie that Matthew McConaughey won the Academy Award for Best Actor this year.

We all got that. It just wasn't necessary.

---

Major congrats (*salutes*) to the Columbus Blue Jackets on their first ever playoff victory. And in double OT! On the road! Against Pittsburgh! Way to go. I'm so proud of you, Beej!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major congrats (*salutes*) to the Columbus Blue Jackets on their first ever playoff victory. And in double OT! On the road! Against Pittsburgh! Way to go. I'm so proud of you, Beej!

Congrats on your first playoff victory Blue Jackets fans :)

10150705_10152122374003918_1008479272298

BB52Big.jpg

Now six points for the rook. I will say I was disappointed when they didn't draft Jones first overall... now I can say that Sakic and Roy (among others) definitely knew what they were doing.

You never draft a defenseman first overall if you can help it. That said, I suspect Florida will take Ekblad, but I'd give them a pass on it since they already have Barkov, Huberdeau, and Bjugstad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Jonathan Drouin was MacKinnon's linemate when both were playing with Halifax; Drouin is still there, of course, and thriving in his own right.

I'm not sure whether what MacKinnon does should excite me about Drouin but just tracking the growth of MacKinnon throughout the entirety of his age-18 season has been something incredible to see develop. This guy is an excellent hockey player for ANY age, let alone 18 years old. Goodness.

spacer.png

I just saw Calvert's goal, its like how the hell can you leave him wide open for 2 point blank chances. He had so much time to roof it after Fluery saved the initial one.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Yeah, ok there, Funky. Chillax.

I was making a Dallas Buyers Club reference. Y'know, the movie that Matthew McConaughey won the Academy Award for Best Actor this year.

Oh no we got the reference. It just was over the top.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Funny/sad/disheartening that the Hawks have been deemed the AWFUL CLASSLESS THUG team because of the Seabrook hit. Real American Hero David Backes has been a caveman for his entire career, gets rung up like a cash register on national TV and now he's a sympathetic figure because, what, he was on Team USA or something? Oh well, live long enough to see yourself become the villain, I guess. This is a pretty shameful meltdown on the part of the Blackhawks and probably the most embarrassing season of the Toews/Kane era (even more than finishing 8th but for the grace of the Minnesota Wild; at least they took the eventual conference champions to the edge). At least they'll have a long offseason, and at least I enjoyed the visceral thrill of seeing David Backes experience great life-ruining pain.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Now six points for the rook. I will say I was disappointed when they didn't draft Jones first overall... now I can say that Sakic and Roy (among others) definitely knew what they were doing.

You never draft a defenseman first overall if you can help it. That said, I suspect Florida will take Ekblad, but I'd give them a pass on it since they already have Barkov, Huberdeau, and Bjugstad.

God, I hope you're right. I really want Reinhart for the Sabres, as we scored the fewest goals anyone has scored in 60 years and have a good defensive prospect corps (including two first rounders last year).

Funny/sad/disheartening that the Hawks have been deemed the AWFUL CLASSLESS THUG team because of the Seabrook hit. Real American Hero David Backes has been a caveman for his entire career, gets rung up like a cash register on national TV and now he's a sympathetic figure because, what, he was on Team USA or something? Oh well, live long enough to see yourself become the villain, I guess. This is a pretty shameful meltdown on the part of the Blackhawks and probably the most embarrassing season of the Toews/Kane era (even more than finishing 8th but for the grace of the Minnesota Wild; at least they took the eventual conference champions to the edge). At least they'll have a long offseason, and at least I enjoyed the visceral thrill of seeing David Backes experience great life-ruining pain.

Wait... what? You guys are only down 2-0... the Blackhawks have done this before, I'm sure. It could be plenty worse; you could have Rusty Klesla traded to your team and retire rather than put on your jersey, for example.

It could be plenty worse; you could have Rusty Klesla traded to your team and retire rather than put on your jersey, for example.

To be fair...

sofwtMP.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Funny/sad/disheartening that the Hawks have been deemed the...

Yes, yes, we know; it's a shame that no one else plays The Blackhawks Way...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived