Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-0 baby.

[mod redacted]

With which Commissioner's Trophy, good sir?

KFG2Ulw.gif

Whichever one you like, son.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2-0 baby.

[mod redacted]

With which Commissioner's Trophy, good sir?

KFG2Ulw.gif

Whichever one you like, son.

I'm just giving you :censored:, man. I'm not even a huge Cardinals fan. No hard feelings. The Blues still have a long way to go before I can really celebrate. I'm not too comfortable with a 2-0 lead against the Blackhawks.

This backwater midwest fussin' and a fuedin' is adorable.

I know, that's the magic of hockey. It's becoming tradition for me to post while I'm near a computer when in the heat of fury, so I'm hoping at the least everyone loses some respect for me or gets a few laughs.

Honestly though for all the hell I got for bailing on the Blackhawks multiple times last year, the Blackhawks in those 2 games in St. Louis played like losers and deserved to lose both games. The Blues played the inherently random game of hockey better and the Blackhawks committed some incredibly stupid penalties in addition to not understanding how to move the puck. Lots of chasing, lots of poor passing, no net presence, and very little initiative.

If the Blues win, which they probably will, the playoffs would probably be better for it, but it really befuddles me how a proven team like Chicago finds new and incredible ways to wilt in stretches like this. It's not really anything to be proud of whatsoever.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is Nazem Kadri really an analysis on HNIC for the playoffs now? Out of all the people they pick "Nazem Cherry's-not-so-secret-crush Kadri"?

Every time I stream the CBC, I'm reminded why I don't watch the pregame shows or intermissions.

The Blues are the ultimate neutral team to me. I don't dislike them, I don't like them. So I'd probably be more inclined to cheer for them in the name of new blood if they still wore their pre-Edge look. That was nice. As things are now? They're just another team wearing another stupid Edge uniform. So...go 'Hawks I guess.

But the Blues are the team that doesn't say die! They won't quit! They turn it on when it's playoff time and win the right way! How can you NOT LOVE THE BLUES?

You're really killing my "just happy to be here" buzz, Sunshine. The Blues are not the Cardinals. Period.

BB52Big.jpg

You're really killing my "just happy to be here" buzz, Sunshine. The Blues are not the Cardinals. Period.

Of course not, but the prospect of seeing some horrific billboard put up on 74-W that says "Entering St. Louis, City of Champions" would be the thing of nightmares. Yet somehow the Blackhawks are the "new Red Sox," so go figure.

twitter

Nightmarish start for the Jackets, but what a blast by Johansen to keep it from getting out of hand early.

This isn't quite on the same level as the Plekanec middle finger, but I liked this one at :40:

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Of course not, but the prospect of seeing some horrific billboard put up on 74-W that says "Entering St. Louis, City of Champions" would be the thing of nightmares. Yet somehow the Blackhawks are the "new Red Sox," so go figure.

Why the :censored: would they put that on I-74?

Also, Blackhawks, we called dibs on Team Kamikaze first. Find some other schtick.

TENNO HEIKA BANZAI!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why the :censored: would they put that on I-74?

Also, Blackhawks, we called dibs on Team Kamikaze first. Find some other schtick.

TENNO HEIKA BANZAI!

I-70, the hell ever.

twitter

They're not successful enough that I hate them; just successful enough that I've stopped actively rooting for them. They would be my preferred choice out of all the teams that have won recently.

An aside; I hate what Reebok did to the Avs jerseys, and the fact that they've kept them that way. That's why I refuse to buy a new Avs jersey. I'll just get an old one customized with a new guys name & number, because really, that look was one of the best in the league, and now they're bottom five.

I was the same way when the Leafs' unveiled their first Edge set with missing hem stripes. I refused to buy a new sweater until they came out with their current set.

The Blues are the ultimate neutral team to me. I don't dislike them, I don't like them. So I'd probably be more inclined to cheer for them in the name of new blood if they still wore their pre-Edge look. That was nice. As things are now? They're just another team wearing another stupid Edge uniform. So...go 'Hawks I guess.

But the Blues are the team that doesn't say die! They won't quit! They turn it on when it's playoff time and win the right way! How can you NOT LOVE THE BLUES?

I get it man, I really do. It's just that I've never seen a St. Louis fan go full on Cardinals mode regarding the Blues. They don't go around saying "best fans in hockey!" or anything. That's reserved for the Sharks and their fans.

:rolleyes:

I hope the Western Conference Finals is Blues vs Sharks just for the sake of seeing how twisted the panties of some board members here would get.

Hey, take it up with the Sharks themselves.

Untitled_zpsd4e18f10.png

Archived