Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:censored:ing ridiculous. How the hell do we have 17-3 SOG in the second period and then let these :censored:ers score on two of three shots. I really hate sports. Nothing ever goes right for St. Louis. And don't get me started on the Cardinals. I couldn't care less about baseball, so just save it. The only sports that matter to me yield snake bitten franchises; one of whom probably won't even be in St. Louis for much longer.

I wish nothing but the worst for the Blackhawks in the ensuing round of the playoffs.

1. Your team's power play is awful
  2. You don't hate sports
  3. The Cardinals make all of the city's sports fanbases look bad by association, but pretty much only to me because I hate them
  4. You sound exactly like me over the years in this thread, so I'm sort of proud to read this.

It feels great to see the 'Hawks win the series but if the Avalanche win it's gonna be another series just like this with overtime and stupidity galore. Colorado have been 'Hawk-killers for awhile now.

I would say "good series," "well-fought," and stuff like that but nobody cares. I don't play for the team and I don't respect the Blues, so I guess it sucks to be a fan of theirs right now. Sorry.

It feels good.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really can't imagine a team spending the money for Ryan Miller after watching him be so thoroughly unremarkable I'm the playoffs. It'll be really interesting to see where he ends up.

There are just no words for this...

I'm gonna pass it onto Andy and allow for some gloating time.

Op, he beat me to it. No, I don't hate sports. I love them. I love them too much. The fact that I feel this :censored:ty after this amazing run of a season proves that. It just hurts. I hate that for the second year in a row we go up 2-0 on an opponent and then drop 4 straight. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I really can't imagine a team spending the money for Ryan Miller after watching him be so thoroughly unremarkable I'm the playoffs. It'll be really interesting to see where he ends up.

If Mike Gillis was still in, I'd put money on him heading for Vancouver. He's goalie-trade/FA happy.

There are just no words for this...

I'm gonna pass it onto Andy and allow for some gloating time.

Op, he beat me to it. No, I don't hate sports. I love them. I love them too much. The fact that I feel this :censored:ty after this amazing run of a season proves that. It just hurts. I hate that for the second year in a row we go up 2-0 on an opponent and then drop 4 straight. It just doesn't make sense to me.

You said it yourself, stupid Blues got about an entire game's worth of power play time and fronted a 2-0 series lead and didn't do much scoring. Blackhawks bided their time, tightened up and did the Q Line Shuffle. Hawks offense woke up and that was that.

If I was a Blues fan I'd be pretty disappointed that this team went balls out to make some moves, bring in talent for a title run, and despite all those pieces it paid off with nothing. Again. Clearly there's some problems that run deeper than the talent.

That being said, WOOOOOOOO!

Tu8DwiQ.gif

7AXeKU7.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That third period was fantastic, but Miller's poor goaltending definitely contributed to the onslaught. I honestly think that the Blackhawks have a huge advantage in the conference semis; Colorado lacks the kind of playoff experience that Chicago has and Minnesota would simply be overmatched.

25yzwqg.png

I know it's almost a certainty, but you guys say Colorado like it's set in stone. Granted, I'm sure you would rather play Minnesota, Colorado's had Chicago's number all year and that MacKinnon kid sure looks impressive.

Chicago would beat Colorado, and I'd say in no more than five games.

I'm actually NOT going to give a scathing indictment on St. Louis like I want to because, in a conference with six 100 points teams and five legit Cup contenders, simple math says one of those Cup contenders would go begging in the first round of the playoffs. Unfortunately for St. Louis, it was them. The injuries piled up and relegated them to this matchup; they would've smoked Minnesota in five games or less, but I never thought they stood much of a chance of getting past the 'Hawks; they have been terrible head-to-head against them in recent years and even this year they beat them in two shootouts and a last-minute decider in October so, I mean, small beans.

That's a legit team, but they ran into the one team in their division they couldn't beat. If they had drawn Minnesota and somehow Colorado beat Chicago, I'd be inking the Blues into the WCF. It wasn't to be. Oh well. Anyone who picked against Chicago has hopefully learned a valuable lesson and won't make that mistake again.

spacer.png

I am also going to take blame for the Sharks tanking. I acquired a pretty badass Sharks sweatshirt:

mDSLEHeWF7aJ1XxsLLmMrUw.jpg

...and now they're sucking.

twitter

I gotta point out my confirmation that indeed the Blackhawks were on the penalty kill for 52 minutes and change in that series.

twitter

In that time, St. Louis only converted two power plays into goals.

0-6 on the power play today, and all those power plays came prior to Chicago's first power play of the game.

Blues can only blame themselves. They had plenty of chances to put their mark on the game prior to the 3rd period and ultimately failed in doing so.

spacer.png

Almost have to wonder if dumping Halak et al for Miller was worth it.

This always struck me as a bit of a "wtf" move anyways. Halak wasn't awful by any means.

Yeah, they completely disregarded the fact that Halak led the eighth seeded Canadiens to the Eastern Conference Final in 2010 and that Miller has never had any sort of tournament/playoff success outside the 2010 Winter Olympics.

25yzwqg.png

Archived