Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was bound to happen. The Jackets just don't have the horses to beat Pittsburgh in a seven game series. After they pulled off the comeback in game four, I had a feeling that they had used up all their mojo. Helluva season though. This team is definitely headed in the right direction. The future is bright.

Oh well, I guess I'll root for the Rangers now - but it won't be nearly as much fun.

Ahem

It was bound to happen. The Jackets just don't have the horses to beat Pittsburgh in a seven game series. After they pulled off the comeback in game four, I had a feeling that they had used up all their mojo. Helluva season though. This team is definitely headed in the right direction. The future is bright.

Oh well, I guess I'll root for the Rangers now - but it won't be nearly as much fun.

Ahem

Holy Hell. I thought it was still 4-1 when I posted that. C'mon boys, make me look like an idiot.

BB52Big.jpg

The Blues sure played the final minutes terribly. There's less than 20 seconds left and you dump it in deep. Didn't muster a shot on net in all that mess. I love the fire and the Blue Jackets have some end-season momentum per se but yeah, that big comeback was for naught.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That was an... interesting series.

Way to keep it together, Pens. Good on the Jackets to give them a hell of a time the whole way. Columbus is a hell of a hockey town, looking forward to more meetings in the future. Could be a great rivalry.

oBIgzrL.png

Be excited Jackets fans, your team has more upside than any other team in the league.

Be excited!

I am glad that if the Jackets had to go out, they did at home so that their fans could give them a sendoff/ovation.

They finished ahead of the Wings in the standings...

They made the playoffs...

They won playoff games...

They proved that last year was not false hope...

This year was a success.

CBJ! CBJ! CBJ!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

SO DAMN PROUD of this team. I'd given up on them three times this series and they nearly proved me wrong each time. What a two-week ride this has been. Never gonna forget this team.

For the first time ever, we're not the laughingstock of the NHL. And that's a great feeling.

Battle On.

6fQjS3M.png

The Blues sure played the final minutes terribly. There's less than 20 seconds left and you dump it in deep. Didn't muster a shot on net in all that mess. I love the fire and the Blue Jackets have some end-season momentum per se but yeah, that big comeback was for naught.

Pretty much. As McCarthy has said, the Jackets are the worst team in hockey when the goalie is pulled - be it their goalie or their opponent's goalie.

BB52Big.jpg

Pretty much. As McCarthy has said, the Jackets are the worst team in hockey when the goalie is pulled - be it their goalie or their opponent's goalie.

I'd like to also not give any credit to the Penguins for anything.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

SO DAMN PROUD of this team. I'd given up on them three times this series and they nearly proved me wrong each time. What a two-week ride this has been. Never gonna forget this team.

For the first time ever, we're not the laughingstock of the NHL. And that's a great feeling.

Battle On.

Agreed on all counts.

BB52Big.jpg

Right on Columbus. Wishing you guys the best on your future. We need some new blood in terms of the league's elite teams. These Original Six teams grow stale.

Now, as for you Colorado, get your :censored: together and advance please.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

If the Jackets had to go out, that was the way to do it. 4-0 deficit with less than ten minutes left and they still battled their asses off and nearly got rewarded for it. That was sensational. Hats off to the Beej for hanging in there and making the Penguins earn that victory.

The Lightning had an exciting season, and it's made even better by the realization that the future looks extremely bright. I can say the exact same things about the Blue Jackets right now. That team is only going to be better next season. And I wish that team good luck in the process.

spacer.png

Archived