Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Of course a goal like that happens when you're the 'Hawks, because only a certain amount of franchises can benefit from fluke-y goals like that.

No.

That wasn't a fluke-y goal; Ryan Miller was doing a Dominik Hasek impersonation... and failed.

Almost have to wonder if dumping Halak et al for Miller was worth it.

This always struck me as a bit of a "wtf" move anyways. Halak wasn't awful by any means.

Yeah, they completely disregarded the fact that Halak led the eighth seeded Canadiens to the Eastern Conference Final in 2010 and that Miller has never had any sort of tournament/playoff success outside the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Two Eastern Conference Finals say otherwise.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course a goal like that happens when you're the 'Hawks, because only a certain amount of franchises can benefit from fluke-y goals like that.

No.

That wasn't a fluke-y goal; Ryan Miller was doing a Dominik Hasek impersonation... and failed.

This always struck me as a bit of a "wtf" move anyways. Halak wasn't awful by any means.

Yeah, they completely disregarded the fact that Halak led the eighth seeded Canadiens to the Eastern Conference Final in 2010 and that Miller has never had any sort of tournament/playoff success outside the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Looks like I underestimated the ole Buffalo Sabres. He hasn't had any playoff success recently, anyway, and he's aged quite a bit; Halak is five years younger and in his prime.

25yzwqg.png

No.

Looks like I underestimated the ole Buffalo Sabres. He hasn't had any playoff success recently, anyway, and he's aged quite a bit; Halak is five years younger and in his prime.

I am fully aware.

crying.gif

The Blues do a lot of things well. Five of those games could have gone either way. Had Toews and Kane not flipped the switch, the Blues would have swept, and there lies their dilemma. They need real elite forwards. Tarasenko and Schwartz just might be, in time. Oshie probably isn't. Backes definitely isn't. But all the other contending teams have those weapons.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"The Dallas Stars (realizes he picked the wrong team) ... make a furious 3rd period comeback against the...the Dallas Stars to tie this game at 4 as we head to overtime!"

Sigh. Who's on the call for this game?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Stars deserved to lose after playing like THUGS!

SOMETHING SOMETHING TEEMU

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Ducks are so much deeper than the Stars, two-goal night for useless Trevor Daley notwithstanding. Never doubted they'd take this series. Good team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived