Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

"The Dallas Stars (realizes he picked the wrong team) ... make a furious 3rd period comeback against the...the Dallas Stars to tie this game at 4 as we head to overtime!"

Sigh. Who's on the call for this game?

I missed that, but Gord Miller was play-by-play and Joe Micheletti was color guy.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Dallas Stars (realizes he picked the wrong team) ... make a furious 3rd period comeback against the...the Dallas Stars to tie this game at 4 as we head to overtime!"

Sigh. Who's on the call for this game?

Gord Miller, the TSN guy that jumped ship to NBC because TSN isn't doing NHL games after this season.

I actually find him quite a good listen.

That was a pretty disappointing letdown there, Dallas. For shame.

But their crowd reminded me of when the Stars were a perennial playoff team in the '90s and '00s and it was fun to see that atmosphere again. I find it so weird how Mavericks and Stars games have such incredible atmospheres while Cowboys games...not so much.

--

Gord Miller is an excellent play-by-play guy and the more we get to hear of him stateside, the better for us (and the worse for Canadians).

spacer.png

teehee he's Canadian and his name is Gord.

I'm reluctant to praise the Stars crowd immediately after seeing no one care for so many years. I'm sure people felt the same way about the Blackhawks. Lots of people still do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Great job, Ducks! Onto the 2nd round you guys go for a date with the San Jose Sharks...

Umm, the Sharks haven't advanced yet, just FYI.

Thus the ellipses.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Great job, Ducks! Onto the 2nd round you guys go for a date with the San Jose Sharks...

Thus the ellipses.

Yes. However, would've tacked on a :rolleyes: or :lol: if it were my comment. Just sayin.

6uXNWAo.png

teehee he's Canadian and his name is Gord.

I'm reluctant to praise the Stars crowd immediately after seeing no one care for so many years. I'm sure people felt the same way about the Blackhawks. Lots of people still do.

Weren't the Stars plunged into the depths of despair because their ownership situation was in total flux (when Tom Hicks' entire empire completely collapsed or something)? I don't blame fanbases that seem to dwindle when the ownership situation creates a ruckus. Of course, do I have to to avoid being a complete hypocrite? I really don't know. But, I mean, does anybody actually blame Tampa fans for not showing up during the dark days of Koules & Barrie?

Dollar Bill was one of the most despised owners I've ever come to know about, so it's no surprise Blackhawks fans were of no desire to give that guy their money. I know things just *happened* to work out this way, but it still seems like a great amusing story that the 'Hawks emerged from the pits and skyrocketed towards Cup contenders virtually within a day of Wirtz dying.

spacer.png

Oh, I'm just "admiral-ing" my posts.

I'll either post how lucky my team is or how much it truly sucks and act all glum about it, until something good happens to which CS85 posts a wrestling GIF to capture those feelings.

We know that feel, Dallas. We know that feel.

9535776.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand I'm depressed again. Damnit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm going to make myself feel better by posting this GIF, even if it is the wrong sport.

usaaaaaaaaaa.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm going to make myself feel better by posting this GIF, even if it is the wrong sport.

usaaaaaaaaaa.gif

Only a truly incompassionate person would remind Canadians of that.

The hockey one, however, is completely just :D

BONESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What a comeback. What a finish. No Game 7. No repeat of last year. No more first round blues for Bruce Boudreau.

On to the Sharks or Kings. Go Ducks!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived