Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Holy crap! A nightmarish quarterfinal round after five games for St. Louis for the 2nd straight season. Last year to the Kings and now to the 'Hawks. I don't think Blues fans have had any more traumatic moments in their franchise history as such as in these last two years. Unbelievable.

I'm still confused - People here actually thought the Blues were going to win? I predicted Chicago in 6 and wouldn't you know it...

That being said, I'm more surprised to see if Colorado can find their way back, otherwise it's a Cup rematch. Just got that gut feeling and it's hard to fight the instincts.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Was at my uncle's place playing cards instead of suffering through game 5 stress. Read twitter updates with tremendous glee. Suck it, Blues. Let's finish this at the UC. Don't get scammed by the fake parking hoodlums, fans.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Boy, Anderson kind of blows.

edit: Dallas goalies suck more.

Impending flood of duck posts ahead!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hmm, Stars are being a bucket of turds. Box score looks like some early-November toss-off.

Stop reading box scores. If you watched the game, you'd know it was competitive.

Oh, and one guy doing something childish and classless doesn't make the whole team "turds."

newsig.jpg

You'll excuse me if my hockey synapses were fried for the night after a fourth overtime in five games. I see a laundry list of penalties after a game is out of hand and I'm not likely to blame the team that's leading. Are you?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You didn't see the game evidently. The two goalie interference calls were garbage. Even that nut bag Roussel tried to pull up when he got called and Goligoski was checked into Anderson by a fellow Duck. It was a 1 goal game late and then the wheels fell off. Great game atmosphere and a blast to watch despite the outcome.

Anaheim fully deserved the win and penalties didn't really decide it.

You'll excuse me if my hockey synapses were fried for the night after a fourth overtime in five games. I see a laundry list of penalties after a game is out of hand and I'm not likely to blame the team that's leading. Are you?

No, and that's an annoying way to oversimplify it. I never "blamed" anything on anyone. I said reading a box score and watching a game are two different things.

newsig.jpg

Roussel and Garbutt need to be out of the league. Tomorrow. They serve no useful function.

Anyway, good for the Ducks to get up early, because they needed to. And then Benn tied it, and I got a bad feeling, but hey five-minute power play, so they go ahead, it's fine. Then there was that whole middle portion of the game where Dallas started taking it to the Ducks again. And it got to 3-2, and I really got that sinking feeling. I feared the worst (Hell, Seguin almost tied it). Great regroup, a lot of energy in the third, and like rainmaker said, the wheels came off a bit for Dallas and the Ducks poured it on. (And man, did I want that to keep going.)

And I'm sorry, but seeing how much more talented Benn/Seguin are compared to the rest of their teammates, it's so damn frustrating that the Ducks are in this position. Yeah the Stars work hard and grind and agitate and etc, but those two are the talent. That's it. This thing should be over, but here we are. Again like rainmaker said, Game 6 is going to be no holes barred.

---

Oh, and woah:

eA2Vjgg.jpg?1

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've watched 24 minutes of Flyers playoff hockey so far this season.

In those 24 minutes, their announcers have complained about the referees being against the flyers 781 times, and accused the opposition of diving or faking 514 times.

In 24 minutes.

Loser of the Flyers-Rangers series has a great shot at getting the wooden spoon this year. I don't think anyone has watched 24 minutes of this series.

Ahem...

BB52Big.jpg

Archived