Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Kings will finally get one, so we wait another day before punching the ticket to the next round. Some on the Sharks game threads are blaming Niemi and if you go that route, I think that we were watching two different games, since two goals were based of deflections that would've burned many goalies. Other than that, LA wasn't going to get swept, even before the sodomy that happened in San Jose, so I'm just hoping for a solid effort Saturday and an extra day or two of rest before anticipating the next challenge.

Also, :censored: these refs and :censored: Quick. Little bitch.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

(looks at the scoreboard)

Where the flying f#ck was this kind of offense in Game 3!!! I freaking hate situations like this, where teams who are on the brink of elimination have offensive explosions like this just to play another elimination game.

Ugh. All these "what-if" mind games about Game 3 now come into play. I hate this feeling inside me right now.

The hell was going on with Colorado?

They aren't a very good possession team, they make sloppy passes, and are very suspect on the defensive end. And the Wild figured out how to exploit those weaknesses.

I feel bad for Varly, he's been playing lights out the last three games but his teammates keep leaving him out to dry.

jNTsTyQ.png

The Sharks should move Hertl to the top line and Pavelski to the 3rd. The lines are more balanced and more favorable that way. Brown has done a good job agitating LA, but hopefully Kennedy gets a slot on the 4th line next game.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

(looks at the scoreboard)

Where the flying f#ck was this kind of offense in Game 3!!! I freaking hate situations like this, where teams who are on the brink of elimination have offensive explosions like this just to play another elimination game.

Ugh. All these "what-if" mind games about Game 3 now come into play. I hate this feeling inside me right now.

I sure as hell don't. I would have given a lot of things if it meant the Lightning were playing in a Game 5 last night.

Los Angeles has been an insanely streaky team all season long. They've grabbed a W and looked good in the process. You got 60 minutes of good hockey last night; now you hope for another good 60 minutes and if that happens then maybe you'll get yet another Kings game.

spacer.png

Remember also how the Sharks were up 3-0 on Detroit in 2011, let the Red Wings force a game 7, and then won in a great game 7. Coming back from 3-0 in hockey is not as absurd an idea as it is in the other sports that play series. See also: Boston-Philly 2010, Vancouver-Chicago 2011

Man, the 2011 playoffs were really really good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Sharks should move Hertl to the top line and Pavelski to the 3rd. The lines are more balanced and more favorable that way. Brown has done a good job agitating LA, but hopefully Kennedy gets a slot on the 4th line next game.

Or better yet, can they get Irwin involved so they can cut one of the dead weights named Hannan or Stuart. Hannan just let the attacker slide right in, uncontested, for the goal that ended up leading to the OT situation in game 3 and even though Irwin is green when it comes to playoff experience, why not give him a chance to earn some experience when you still have a significant advantage versus a championship caliber team? With that bottom defensive pairing, I wonder how many times I'm going to get frustrated watching these games, knowing the problems could be mitigated somewhat if there was a more competent blueliner around in the 3rd line role.

As for the Pavs problem, I have no :censored:ing idea. Todd continues to go against the grain, despite seeing the benefits of spreading the depth. It's akin to body shots in boxing. They aren't as cinematic as the cliche knockout punch, but they do the job and cause opponents to get tired and commit mental errors as the game progresses, which leads to prime scoring chances. Really, he'd have to be totally Hellen Keller to not see how Pavs on the 3rd line makes his life easier, not harder.

They should close this out Saturday and if they don't, then I anticipate the second round exit boys are back in full force, which is disheartening since this is the first time I've seen the team have forward depth that could really win the damn conference. I hate this team sometimes.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The only real stinker of a postseason in the last few years has been 2012, when it just seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong: that hot mess of a Penguins/Flyers series, Weber on Zetterberg, ultimate shot-blocking Rangers, there was a Coyotes/Predators series. I'm sure it was grand for Kings fans, but I would not call it hockey at its best.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Even the 2012 Kings never really faced any adversity during the run and the only "scare" lasted from the end of Finals Game 5 through the first ten minutes of Game 6. I mean, they were up 3-0 in every series, 4-0 in overtime, and had an eight game win streak that spanned from the first round to one win away from reaching the Final. It was a completely stress-free playoff experience.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The only real stinker of a postseason in the last few years has been 2012, when it just seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong: that hot mess of a Penguins/Flyers series, Weber on Zetterberg, ultimate shot-blocking Rangers, there was a Coyotes/Predators series. I'm sure it was grand for Kings fans, but I would not call it hockey at its best.

I went to two of those games... not hockey's finest moment.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I went to two of those games... not hockey's finest moment.

You also left out that the New Jersey Devils made the finals. One last kick at the can for Brodeur and they had Parise/Kovalchuk/Clarkson/Zajac/Elias playing at a high level in those playoffs, but I don't think anybody outside of New Jersey was interested in seeing them there.

I'll always remember the 2011 playoffs because that was the April I was bumming it in Denver for almost a month and that was also the first year when the immersive twitter experience during the playoffs first took off (at least for me).

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived