Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marchand is a little bitch. That is all.

Perfect example of a guy you'd love if he was on your team, but hate because he's somewhere else.

Wings are playing solid tonight. I think they make take this game, but it'll be tight until the end.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Perfect example of a guy you'd love if he was on your team, but hate because he's somewhere else.

Wings are playing solid tonight. I think they make take this game, but it'll be tight until the end.

Eh, it gets old sometimes. He's on a long list of players who are talented enough to not have to do that.

Nah. People have said the same thing about (insert players name here)... Claude Lemieux, Matt Cooke, Shane Doan. Plus, the Wings already have a few in Todd Bertuzzi and David Legwand and I hate them both.

Besides, I prefer someone who can score with an open net.

Eh, it gets old sometimes. He's on a long list of players who are talented enough to not have to do that.

He's talented, but unfortunately, he has to play that way or else he'll be a doormat for bigger players. I wish he'd play the way he did when he first came up, but you're right, he does do a lot of unnecessary things like retaliation and bonehead hits.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Matt Cooke only got 7 games? This is like his 15th infraction. He should just be banned from the NHL. We all know that he's gonna cheap shot someone else into injury, once his suspension ends.

You would think it would at least be a longer suspension than his last one (17 games). The NHL's suspension policies make absolutely no sense.

So far, the Avs are definitely more physical than they were last game. But a lot of these hits are either borderline, or straight up interference. The refs not calling any penalties on them is a gift.

jNTsTyQ.png

On the subject of deep dish vs. thin crust: to me, deep dish pizza is a different entity from thin crust. I could eat thin crust on Friday and deep dish on Saturday and not feel like "ugh, pizza again?" Someone mentioned it earlier, but Palermo's 95th was my favorite pizza growing up. I haven't had it in years -- mostly because I moved to St. Louis and my parents moved to a more southern suburb. Next time I head up there I might have to make a special trip.

Pretty simple for the Sharks tonight: A 60 minute effort. The second period last game wasn't and they were lucky to be tied entering the final frame, plus the OT wasn't good besides obviously the goal. Hopefully they can replicate the third period when they kept attacking, even after they tied it up.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Also so people around here STFU about this series being so similar to 2013 vs. LA. (The results are. Many of the key players and the actual action is not.)

If I took my hockey analysis seriously I'd actually be offended by that insinuation that I'm just being lazy and comp'ing 2013 to 2014 because, hey, 2-2.

Besides, it's been months since I last "Hitchpuck'd" this joint and there's a reason for that.

Eh, whatever, I'm only pretending to give a scathing rebuttal to that comment because I don't know anything about the various forms of pizza that exist in this country.

Oh wait. Did you think I meant around here, here? I meant around STL. But I can see how that was unclear. My bad. I haven't even kept up with this thread enough to know everything people have said about the series. I'm in and out.

Since the pizza talk seems okay... Skokie's La Rosa (also chicken parm) and d'agostinos thin crusts are also favorites. I like a deep dish now and then, but any thin crust is usually preferred.

Agreed that Blues-Hawks has been great. Could be over or any combo... 3-1 2-2 1-3.

I've had D'Agostino's thin a couple times it is good. I also enjoy Pizzeria Duey (is that right?) and Pequod's as far as Chicago goes. I don't hate it all. Side note: I also love Papa Del's in Champaign. It breaks my usual deep dish rule, but it's different from Chicago style deep dish. The proportions of crust to sauce to cheese just do it more for me.

Lastly, if anyone is ever in St. Louis (or—because Obama loved it when he was here—D.C. or soon Cincinnati) and wants something different from STL style (but try it once!), check out Pi Pizzeria. They've got a few locations across town, and it's really great. They do a thin crust and a deep dish, and they use a corn meal crust which is excellent. They do not use provel as a point of differentiation in this market.

I think we've done a good job having a civil even if completely off-topic conversation without actually eliminating the hockey talk, so I think it's cool if we keep it going.

Also so people around here STFU about this series being so similar to 2013 vs. LA. (The results are. Many of the key players and the actual action is not.)

If I took my hockey analysis seriously I'd actually be offended by that insinuation that I'm just being lazy and comp'ing 2013 to 2014 because, hey, 2-2.

Besides, it's been months since I last "Hitchpuck'd" this joint and there's a reason for that.

Eh, whatever, I'm only pretending to give a scathing rebuttal to that comment because I don't know anything about the various forms of pizza that exist in this country.

Oh wait. Did you think I meant around here, here? I meant around STL. But I can see how that was unclear. My bad. I haven't even kept up with this thread enough to know everything people have said about the series. I'm in and out.

haha, like I said it's all good. It's been years since I've been able to say anything with authority and actually mean it.

Obligatory Seinfeld reference is obligatory, but for those who remember the time when George said that Jerry can't say anything and not make it sound funny, well, substitute "funny" with "snarky" and that's what I became several years ago. I'm not very proud of this but I can't deny who I am. :D

spacer.png

Since the pizza talk seems okay... Skokie's La Rosa (also chicken parm) and d'agostinos thin crusts are also favorites. I like a deep dish now and then, but any thin crust is usually preferred.

Agreed that Blues-Hawks has been great. Could be over or any combo... 3-1 2-2 1-3.

I've had D'Agostino's thin a couple times it is good. I also enjoy Pizzeria Duey (is that right?) and Pequod's as far as Chicago goes. I don't hate it all. Side note: I also love Papa Del's in Champaign. It breaks my usual deep dish rule, but it's different from Chicago style deep dish. The proportions of crust to sauce to cheese just do it more for me.

Lastly, if anyone is ever in St. Louis (or—because Obama loved it when he was here—D.C. or soon Cincinnati) and wants something different from STL style (but try it once!), check out Pi Pizzeria. They've got a few locations across town, and it's really great. They do a thin crust and a deep dish, and they use a corn meal crust which is excellent. They do not use provel as a point of differentiation in this market.

I think we've done a good job having a civil even if completely off-topic conversation without actually eliminating the hockey talk, so I think it's cool if we keep it going.

Oh man, I haven't thought about Papa Del's in years! I loved that place in college. That and Dos Reales were like 30% of my meals.

Archived