Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

I just watched the short recap of the Columbus game on the nhl.com NHL Tonight highlights, and I must say, I wish I could've seen the game.

Yes, yes you do. What a :censored:ing great day it's been.

I still can't believe the Jackets pulled it off - again. Hell, I can't believe the whole 3-1 lead thing has happened in all four games. Seriously, what are the odds of four straight games where the losing team was winning 3-1 only to lose 4-3? What a crazy series.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawks playing possum again. Just wait, they'll get it back and win in OT. Then wait for the CS85 relevant gif.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Hawks playing possum again. Just wait, they'll get it back and win in OT. Then wait for the CS85 relevant gif.

Down 2-0?

Hj2vctc.gif

p2LkD2t.gif

Ha2GP.gif

I hate everyone and everything.

You sound like me....a LOT like me, only with less obscenities.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Colorado's sweeping the winner, correct?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hate everyone and everything.

You sound like me....a LOT like me, only with less obscenities.

Oh, I definitely am. I've been known to spew profanity throughout the halls of my dormitory at every cheap hit, goal against, and loss. I'm just trying to keep my composure. I haven't been blessed with a good playoff hockey team like the fine folks of Chicago have, so winning isn't really expected of my team. I expected to see a classic CS85 meltdown after the Blues scored those two goals late in the second and then the Tarasenko goal in the third.

Oh well... Let's just get back to St. Louis and try and get that victory in Game 5.

If we lose Friday, I'll be sure to provide you with some quality vulgarity and reaction .gifs that'll have you swearing that you're reading your own post.

I have no confidence in the Blue's ability to oust the defending champs. Not even when they had the 2-0 lead... Hawks in 7

Got to love watching the beej! Tonights game had just about everything a fan could ask for.

Intentional injury? Bull :censored:. What about the goon squad the Ducks sent out with around 15 seconds to go? The intent was to take out Garbutt when the game was out of hand…goonish as it gets.

Yeah, that wasn't intentional. Don't listen to them.

And I don't know if I'd classify what they sent out as a goon squad, but all that crap at the end was stupid. What the hell is Perry thinking? There was still two minutes left. Not that the Ducks were playing to a point where they could have pulled the two goals in two minutes, but c'mon man. Stay in for the chance.

Even when the Ducks scored their two goals, I didn't think they were playing well. Not having Getzlaf out there really screwed them up. No Selanne was doable, but Getzlaf is the straw that stirs the drink. They played like crap and got a crap result. Dallas played well and got the good result.

And the first three goals on Andersen were bad. The first two were terrible (unforgivable in a playoff game), the third was bad (although it was a two on one, the shooter shot it), and the fourth wasn't his fault, just a terrible breakdown and Goligoski seizing the opportunity. I would not be surprised if (and actually might encourage) Hiller is in net on Friday. Andersen was passable in the first two games, but didn't look good in Dallas.

This thing is going to go seven. If the Ducks win Friday, I expect Dallas to win in Dallas, and we'll do it all again on Tuesday. All this crap is exactly why I didn't want to play Dallas. Bad mojo in that building, a scrappy team that fought its way into the playoffs, two elite forwards, and a goalie that can be very good in stretches. Getzlaf better be back in on Friday, and the Ducks need to get back down to brass tacks.

Son of a bitch.

---

And good hell, Columbus Blue Jackets. Shine on you crazy diamond!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ahh, okay, post-win high fading, let's talk hockey.

• The Blackhawks flipped a switch for about half a period. During the middle of the 2nd, St. Louis was falling apart and the Blackhawks were blood-drunk. If Miller's stupid effort to play the puck 10 feet in front of his own net hadn't worked the score would've been 3-0 and the Blues would've probably packed it in. Unfortunately it was a miracle bit of defense followed by one of somehow more stupid CHI penalties. The wheels fell off after that and it was all Blues until there was about 5 minutes left in the game. After that the offense resumed it's groove, something that was totally absent in games 1-3, and a pinch of luck and effort later and we're even.
  • Blackhawks' passes were drastically more crisp and the motion on offense was infinitely superior. We haven't seen this in 9 periods of playoff hockey but hopefully the Blues haven't woken up the Blackhawks Playoff Mojo Ejaculator™. Crawford gave up a stupid-ass goal to surrender the lead, unfortunately, and Andrew Shaw played like absolute smoldering awful ballsack. Kane played better than he has in arguably a year as did Hossa and Bickell. Blues are still a bunch of chippy bitches so they'll no-doubt cram this series into 7 games with somehow more overtime, but at this point it's clear that these two teams are going to destroy each other. Next series isn't even a thing at this point, right now it's war.
  • The Ducks didn't have half their roster yet their fans are still surprised they lost? I know Dallas is kind of a dark horse but c'mon already. It's not like they were going to bend over and take it since they're the "lesser franchise." Their uniforms are better, anyway.
  • The Blue Jackets winning was a ton of fun. I still think it's kind of weird to see the unrequited love for the scrappy Beej around here, but the fact that it's the Penguins pleases me. Please continue this.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Intentional injury? Bull :censored:. What about the goon squad the Ducks sent out with around 15 seconds to go? The intent was to take out Garbutt when the game was out of hand…goonish as it gets.

Yeah, that wasn't intentional. Don't listen to them.

And I don't know if I'd classify what they sent out as a goon squad, but all that crap at the end was stupid. What the hell is Perry thinking? There was still two minutes left. Not that the Ducks were playing to a point where they could have pulled the two goals in two minutes, but c'mon man. Stay in for the chance.

Even when the Ducks scored their two goals, I didn't think they were playing well. Not having Getzlaf out there really screwed them up. No Selanne was doable, but Getzlaf is the straw that stirs the drink. They played like crap and got a crap result. Dallas played well and got the good result.

And the first three goals on Andersen were bad. The first two were terrible (unforgivable in a playoff game), the third was bad (although it was a two on one, the shooter shot it), and the fourth wasn't his fault, just a terrible breakdown and Goligoski seizing the opportunity. I would not be surprised if (and actually might encourage) Hiller is in net on Friday. Andersen was passable in the first two games, but didn't look good in Dallas.

This thing is going to go seven. If the Ducks win Friday, I expect Dallas to win in Dallas, and we'll do it all again on Tuesday. All this crap is exactly why I didn't want to play Dallas. Bad mojo in that building, a scrappy team that fought its way into the playoffs, two elite forwards, and a goalie that can be very good in stretches. Getzlaf better be back in on Friday, and the Ducks need to get back down to brass tacks.

Son of a bitch.

---

And good hell, Columbus Blue Jackets. Shine on you crazy diamond!

Thanks for this. I've always seen you as a level-headed fan. I try to represent the same on my end.

newsig.jpg

Archived