Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what happened to the Blackhawks but as of tonight there's simply nothing going on to generate the least bit of optimism. Total collapse unfolding. Punishment for fan hubris after the Blues series? Maybe.

BB52Big.jpg

John Gibson is starting tonight for the Ducks.

Andersen is hurt. Hiller played well but lost the first two games and is 0-5-2 lifetime at Staples Center. (He did get the win in Game 3, but that's because he let up that late goal to Richards.) it's a ballsy move, that's for sure. And it's clear the Boudreau has absolutely zero confidence in Hiller now, and if there was any doubt before, there's no way Hiller is a Duck next year.

For reference, Gibson is 4-2 with a 1.45 GAA, a .955 save percentage and one shutout in the Calder Cup playoffs for Norfolk this season. 3-0 in the NHL vs Vancouver (shutout), San Jose, and Colorado.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

John Gibson is starting tonight for the Ducks.

Andersen is hurt. Hiller played well but lost the first two games and is 0-5-2 lifetime at Staples Center. (He did get the win in Game 3, but that's because he let up that late goal to Richards.) it's a ballsy move, that's for sure. And it's clear the Boudreau has absolutely zero confidence in Hiller now, and if there was any doubt before, there's no way Hiller is a Duck next year.

For reference, Gibson is 4-2 with a 1.45 GAA, a .955 save percentage and one shutout in the Calder Cup playoffs for Norfolk this season. 3-0 in the NHL vs Vancouver (shutout), San Jose, and Colorado.

Shades of Roy circa '86?

IbjBaeE.png

I expected the Kings-Ducks series to go 7, so this doesn't shock me. The frustrating thing about the Kings, is they are just like their Captain, hot and cold. It's one reason why, I would trade Dustin Brown and make Kopitar or Doughty the captain. I don't know. I will say this, the officials have gone back to playoff hockey officiating and completely swallowed their whistles in this series. I don't know how many tripping, hooking, etc. calls that I've seen ignored. As long as we know how the game is being officiated, I'm fine with it.

Johnny Shutout. Goalie of the future? Goalie of right :censored: ing now!

I don't say this because of how the first four games have gone, but home ice means absolutely nothing in this series. The players can sleep in their own beds. The arenas are 30 miles apart. They're taking bus trips rather than plane flights. Each team is comfortable in the other's arena. And obviously, that's how it's played out.

Great effort by the Ducks. got that early push and goals they needed, but those last two periods can't happen again. You can't go 25 minutes plus without a shot on goal in a playoff game. Do anything. Just throw it on net. Create something. And for the love of god, close out the game! Hit an empty net! I don't think that's terribly difficult. But whatever.

It's a whole new series, fellas. Keep up the fight. GO DUCKS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Johnny Shutout. Goalie of the future? Goalie of right :censored: ing now!

I don't say this because of how the first four games have gone, but home ice means absolutely nothing in this series. The players can sleep in their own beds. The arenas are 30 miles apart. They're taking bus trips rather than plane flights. Each team is comfortable in the other's arena. And obviously, that's how it's played out.

Great effort by the Ducks. got that early push and goals they needed, but those last two periods can't happen again. You can't go 25 minutes plus without a shot on goal in a playoff game. Do anything. Just throw it on net. Create something. And for the love of god, close out the game! Hit an empty net! I don't think that's terribly difficult. But whatever.

It's a whole new series, fellas. Keep up the fight. GO DUCKS!

I will say this, and I'm not saying he's not good, but how many times in the playoffs has a goaltender looked unbeatable in a playoff game and then flopped the next game and or the rest of his career. I'm not saying Gibson will flop, but we've seen it before. I'd be way more concerned about not being able to put any shots on goal. I was driving home from a softball game and when I heard that, I was shocked. Oh, and it's not a new series, it's the same series as it has been for the past week. Honestly it's so close that both teams with a break here or there could've swept the other team, or be tied 2-2. It's going 7, so just sit back and enjoy it.

"PK Subban is a bitch" is more offensive in that it's really really lazy.

PK Subban is awesome so it's also wrong.

I would love PK Subban on my team he is scrappy, solid defenseman with a blazzing slapshot. Anybody who hates him do so only because he is Hab.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived