Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be the first time I've heard Jim Hughson call a game that I wasn't controlling with a joystick.

I hope it was a guhhh-REAT expEEEERienNCCC-ahh for youuuuu-uh.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Roenick got a little ahead of himself at the break: "The mistakes that both these teams made...came back to bite Tampa in the end."

Huh?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

This now leaves the Habs in a position to take a 3-0 lead on the series, only to blow it all starting with :censored: ing 3:22 left in the third period in game 4.

Redemption will be sweet, make this happen Lightning.

Dallas has two goalies: one that led his team to the Cup three years ago, and one that's allowed 11 goals in his two career playoff games. And they're going with the latter. And already down 2-0.

Enjoy getting swept with Let-them-in in goal, Stars.

PIttsburgh erased that 3-1 lead so quickly it was like they hit a two pointer. Was I watching pro beach hockey?

UGHHHHHHH. Bobrovsky was okay. should've had at least two of their four goals. He'll need to be better. Everybody needs to be better. Too many turnovers. The fourth goal was because of a giveaway at the offensive blueline that caused an oddman rush. That puck's gotta get deep (channeling my HS hockey coach). I was speechless after that Derek Mackenzie shorthanded goal. He's just not a guy who scores a goal like that. Gotta stay out of the box, but if you do take a penalty you can't make it so easy for them.

I can't help but feel like they let that one slip through their fingers. They were up 3-1. That's gotta be good enough to win in the playoffs.

Still already a better showing that the doofus circus in 2009. They didn't look intimidated or scared. Held Crosby scoreless. They looked like they belonged for about 2.5 periods and then the 'guins took it to em in the later third.

At least Foligno and Umberger will be back for game 2 so no more Jared Boll getting playoff shifts. This series isn't over.

Also, nice "gold-out" Pittsburgh. That looked stupid.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This now leaves the Habs in a position to take a 3-0 lead on the series, only to blow it all starting with :censored: ing 3:22 left in the third period in game 4.

Redemption will be sweet, make this happen Lightning.

you know, as much as I love the idea of a team of mine erasing a 3-0 series deficit just so I can tell the sports demons of mine from 2004 to :censored: off, I'd rather not deal with the accumulated agita of a 3-0 series deficit in the first place.

spacer.png

Worked through the game and listened to the OT on the radio on the way home (Thank god for Sirius). It was all tied up when I got home. Went out to park my girlfriends car, and when I turned on the TV, we had won. I think she's going to need to park on the street during every game!

1zqy8ok.gif

When looking for a goat on that OT goal, it's Cedric Paquette, who was playing in his 3rd career NHL game tonight.

wonder how Dale Weise gets unmarked in the slot? Paquette chases the puck. I'm no genius here but leaving a player (even Dale Weise) unmarked from point blank range is going to result in disaster more often than not.

spacer.png

Archived