Uniform looks and identities that you miss in sports

Tigers6884

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

peter-bondra-washington-capitals-signed-

apr26_18.jpg

Ovechkin-Named-Captain-of-the-Washington

Still to this day my favorite NHL identity of all-time...and one of my top faves across all sports, period. Unique in design, color-scheme--and I always loved the currency note inspired font.

I loved those too, except I hate that black Capitals jersey. It's never made sense to me that they completely abandoned the awesome blue jerseys in favor of the black. The blue jerseys only got five years as primary status.

The black jerseys got 7 years as the primary jersey. That's stupid. Also, the sock stripes not matching the jersey stripes will never stop bothering me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Of those already posted I agree with: the old Arizona Diamondbacks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Twins striped road jersey and M hat, and late 80s Padres.

My addition is the old Winnipeg Jets. I understand why they cannot come back, but I find the new Jets stuff boring

KKingWin.jpg

^ And that isn't?

I'd agree on those uniforms. Those were classics at least in Canada, but I'd say the current Jets look isnt bad at all.

Its all personal opinion, of course, but bleuet said it better than I did. The old Jets stuff was classic. There is just a charm to it I loved. I find the new Jets stuff with the double blues and flat boring jet to be disappointing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Of those already posted I agree with: the old Arizona Diamondbacks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Twins striped road jersey and M hat, and late 80s Padres.

My addition is the old Winnipeg Jets. I understand why they cannot come back, but I find the new Jets stuff boring

KKingWin.jpg

^ And that isn't?

I'd agree on those uniforms. Those were classics at least in Canada, but I'd say the current Jets look isnt bad at all.

Its all personal opinion, of course, but bleuet said it better than I did. The old Jets stuff was classic. There is just a charm to it I loved. I find the new Jets stuff with the double blues and flat boring jet to be disappointing.
Perhaps Winnipeg should bring either a 90s jersey (or even one from the 80s) back as an alternate jersey.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I know I'm in the minority (and also a homer) but I miss the old Nets (NJ) identity with the navy jerseys as the primary aways and the gray jerseys as the alternate, along with the argyle paint that was used to match the side panels of the jerseys. It's ironic because I really hated the identity in the last years of NJ when they dulled out the paint and distanced themselves from NJ completely. When we went V-neck, it was all downhill from there.

GO NETS.

KKingWin.jpg

^ And that isn't?

The new Jets stuff has grown on me. Normally not a fan of that template and striping style, but the striping reminds me of that of a jet fighter.

I do like the old stuff though. I'd love to see it as an alternate, and I think it's inevitable that we'll see it eventually. I think Winnipeg hosts an outdoor game of some sort at the new Bombers stadium, and they wear it, with it becoming a full time alt following.

sig.png

Bring back the red-white-red!

e57caa982ef6ef2b.jpg

The current one is so ugly with out it

New%20York%20Rangers%20Jersey.jpg

And slightly off topic bring Back Jerry Cosby as the Rangers jersey manufacturer...

That can't happen. The league's got a contract with Reebok. Even when that runs out they'll just resign a league-wide contract with Reebok or sign with someone else. The days of teams having their own manufacturers are long gone.

Orlando Thunder + Sacramento Surge of the WLAF:

Rodney-Lossow-Orlando-Thunder-World-Bowl]

Any of the original WLAF looks. They looked so much better before they all started wearing the same templates. I especially liked Ohio, Montreal and London.

91mcgowan-insert.png

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything he mentioned. Aside from showing off the same template.

Bring back the red-white-red!

e57caa982ef6ef2b.jpg

The current one is so ugly with out it

New%20York%20Rangers%20Jersey.jpg

And slightly off topic bring Back Jerry Cosby as the Rangers jersey manufacturer...

That can't happen. The league's got a contract with Reebok. Even when that runs out they'll just resign a league-wide contract with Reebok or sign with someone else. The days of teams having their own manufacturers are long gone.

Orlando Thunder + Sacramento Surge of the WLAF:

Rodney-Lossow-Orlando-Thunder-World-Bowl]

Any of the original WLAF looks. They looked so much better before they all started wearing the same templates. I especially liked Ohio, Montreal and London.

91mcgowan-insert.png

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything he mentioned. Aside from showing off the same template.

Just to show that I agree

91mcgowan-insert.png

I never realized just how much the Fire road uniforms resembled the future Buccaneers uniforms (or maybe the other way around). The helmets even look like a dark pewter in that picture.

tampa-bay-ronde-barber-opy0-75755-mid.jp

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1. London Monarchs of the WLAF: I absolutely loved this uniform as it was perfect for this league.

marronecard.jpgSuperStock_1850-1254.jpg

2. Kansas City Royals Baby Blue Uniforms in MLB

GeorgeBrett.jpg

3. Cleveland Browns with white facemask and orange pants - This was my childhood

brian-sipe-jack-youngbloodjpg-7f0a194f78

spacer.png

Archived