NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

Reminds me about last year. People actually thought the Jags would be shieldless for the London game because "jag" is slang in the UK. What a silly thing to assume. I know it wasn't in the style guide, but anyone with a lick of sense should have known it was an error.

From the STYLE GUIDE:

JacksonvilleJaguars_ScreenShot_20141001.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jags shield was still used on the jersey for the London game. People on here thought it wasn't going to be.

OK - which one was on the jersey - the "JAGUARS" version (only to be used in the U.K.), or the standard "JAGS" version?

I'm not surprised that they wouldn't bother to take the time to remove the regular patch and replace it for just one game. However, I wonder if they used the "UK version" in promotional materials over there.

They were also supposed to wear those special UK socks and that never happened.

??

original_vintage-beefeater-soldiers-lond

This would be a great time to remove the shield entirely, seeing how it adds absolutely nothing no matter if it says "Jags" or "Jaguars".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Someone on a Redskins fan message board mentioned hearing on an local 'Skins TV show (Redskins Nation), that the team submitted a new uni design to the league for use starting in 2016. Of course, no one else heard this news. Anyone else hear anything of a new 'Skins design in the coming years?

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

Eagles kelly green propsal leaked, I think its probably fake, but who knows.Eagles_proposal.jpg

I don't believe it one bit. Not only is it just a recolor of what they already have, but there's still an NFL Equipment shield on the collar and theres poor white spots in the wordmark logo which aren't in the current Eagles wordmark. Also, the Alt is a complete rip on Oregon.

bSLCtu2.png

Someone on a Redskins fan message board mentioned hearing on an local 'Skins TV show (Redskins Nation), that the team submitted a new uni design to the league for use starting in 2016. Of course, no one else heard this news. Anyone else hear anything of a new 'Skins design in the coming years?

sounds BS. i havent heard anything, and there's not been a hint of it around here. not that everything that happens gets leaked, but if this board doesnt have any info than i doubt a rinky dink local show would either. plus, as stubborn as Snyder is, i dont think a name and logo change would actually lead to a new uniform design.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Anyone else hear anything of a new 'Skins design in the coming years?

Its just a matter of time before Lil' Dan is forced to change his nickname, and when that happens, new uniforms will happen.

Completely your opinion. Definitely not a fact.

87Redskins.png

sounds BS. i havent heard anything, and there's not been a hint of it around here. not that everything that happens gets leaked, but if this board doesnt have any info than i doubt a rinky dink local show would either. plus, as stubborn as Snyder is, i dont think a name and logo change would actually lead to a new uniform design.

Not exactly a "rinky dink" show. It's on the Redskins official TV network owned by Snyder, hosted by the Redskins radio play-by-play guy Larry Michael who works for the team. He's always careful not to fall into any talk that's not official and he toes the company line better than anyone.

With that said, I didn't see anyone on the show say that (I watch several times a week but miss it some days).

But if it was really on the show, chances are it's true.

87Redskins.png

Archived