NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it before, the color scheme Tampa is using now is great. It's everything else that looks terrible.

The Bucs clearly wore their best white jersey combo today @ Pittsburgh:

Pewter Helmet

White Jersey

Pewter Pants

Red socks (the kicker that ties the whole set together.)

Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Pittsburgh+Steele

Other than the horrible numbers, I agree. I like the sock-pants combo, really works well.

Normal number font and no yoke (possibly a red yoke would be acceptable), and I'd actually be pretty OK with the changes.

If there wasn't a grey yoke, no orange, and numbers that weren't retarded, it would be a fine look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Buccaneers looked great... until you got a close-up shot and saw the number font. Good lord that number font is atrocious.

Wondering when they'll wear the orange socks. I tested them out a few times in Madden and it looked pretty good. It's the pewter socks that they shouldn't wear.

bSLCtu2.png

Buccaneers looked great... until you got a close-up shot and saw the number font. Good lord that number font is atrocious.

Wondering when they'll wear the orange socks. I tested them out a few times in Madden and it looked pretty good. It's the pewter socks that they shouldn't wear.

My thought is the orange socks will be worn in some combination of the red jersey.

Wondering when they'll wear the orange socks.

When they wear the orange alternate jersey, that hasn't been released yet, but does exist. Its the ONLY reason the orange socks were a part of this set to begin with. Why they were released (when they held the orange alt back) was probably a screw up by somebody.

The Bucs uniforms are growing on people. They aren't nearly as bad as some of you like to think they are. They still look best with the white pants though. I like that they will continue to mix and match. Its what they should do.

When they wear the orange alternate jersey, that hasn't been released yet, but does exist. Its the ONLY reason the orange socks were a part of this set to begin with. Why they were released (when they held the orange alt back) was probably a screw up by somebody.

The Bucs uniforms are growing on people. They aren't nearly as bad as some of you like to think they are. They still look best with the white pants though. I like that they will continue to mix and match. Its what they should do.

They are a downgrade compared to the previous set in every aspect with the exception of dropping black trim, adding red socks and the chrome mask (which is a semi-interesting visual element).

They haven't grown on me. If anything I think they've gotten worse. At the beginning I was looking for things to like. Now I can't find anything I don't hate. I guess the pirate ship logo isn't the worst logo in the history of sports?

An orange jersey exists? Oh good god that'll be an atrocity. I hope they use red digital alarm clock numbers on that orange jersey just to achieve the maximum amount of terrible.

Just when you thought they couldn't get worse......

PvO6ZWJ.png

Without the silly black shading, the Bucs helmet is one of the better helmets in the league. The large flag actually works better than the smaller flag.

And the numbers should be three colors instead of four - red, outlined in orange and black. Just like the prior set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Do you know this to be a fact, or are you speculating?

Without the silly black shading, the Bucs helmet is one of the better helmets in the league. The large flag actually works better than the smaller flag.

And the numbers should be three colors instead of four - red, outlined in orange and black. Just like the prior set.

I wish this were true but the flag looks awful at that size especially since the logo is awful as well.

You really should not let things grow on you because sometimes it is hard to get them off. ;)

I wish this were true but the flag looks awful at that size especially since the logo is awful as well.

You really should not let things grow on you because sometimes it is hard to get them off. ;)

I disagree, and I'm quite happy that your opinion is not my opinion.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I disagree, and I'm quite happy that your opinion is not my opinion.

I agree I like it, I love how people write their opinions as if it was a fact. Also they no longer have those black stripes on the helmet.

The Texans, Eagles, Titans and Falcons all appear really dated to me. Wouldn't mind seeing one or all of them getting a Nike facelift.

The Texans look is fine. I believe them to be one of those few franchises to get their entire identity right the FIRST time. No need to change.

As for the other teams... I really wouldn't care either way. But if they do change, don't go overboard.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I have seen the Buccaneers' facemask labeled as chrome a few times, but I disagree.

These helmets and facemasks are chrome. Chrome has a truly reflective properly about it almost like a mirror.

Kansas facemask

Kansas-Crimson-Chrome-Uniforms.jpg

Okie State facemask

Oklahoma-State-CI.jpg

Memphis chrome lid

mem-13-bluegraychrome-2-620x931.jpg

Washington chrome lid

washington-huskies-gold-chrome-football-

Sparty chrome lid

2012-nike-michigan-state-football-chrome

In contrast, the Buccaneers have more of a brushed silver metallic finish on their facemask. The mask does not pick up the contrast extremes of the lighting because it reflects less and has a more muted finish. It is still shiny silver, but it does not have the mirror-like finish.

nfl_bucs12_1296x729.jpg

EP-140929186.jpg

In fact, it is much more similar to these helmet applications. Oklahoma facemask:

usp_ncaa_football__oklahoma_at_west_virg

Miss State facemask

msuunis2.jpeg

Ohio State lid finish

20130928_ajw_aw3_374.0.jpg

It's pretty amazing that the "gloves that make a kewl design when you put your hands together in a very specific way that nobody ever does except in promo shots to explicitly show off the gloves" fad has stuck around.

Archived