Things You'd Change, Popular or Unpopular

Tigers6884

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make punting on 3rd/4th down in football extinct. I want to see a team go for it, not just willingly hand the ball over.

If it's 4th and 15 on their own 5 yard line, I want my team to willingly hand the ball over.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

The losing "debater" on First Take is executed after every episode.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Uniforms

1. Put the Bucs back in their previous uniforms.

2. Bring back the Tennessee Oilers.

3. Put most of the rest of the NFL back into the uniforms they had back in 1996.

4. Put pride stickers back on Michigan's helmets.

5. Put all other college football teams back in the uniforms they had back in 1998.

Other

1. Implement college-style overtime in the NFL.

2. Make all championship trophies new every year like the Lombardi Trophy.

Untitled_zps5e4a382a.png

Bring the Florida Panther Ice Girls back. They are the only reason to watch a Panthers game.

In all seriousness:

Have NHL points system be the same as Olympics: 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for an OT win, 1 point for an OT loss, and jack :censored: for regulation loss

Re zone the AHL conferences

Continuous OT for soccer, draws don't gain fans

NHL All-Stars play KHL All-Stars

Force AHL teams to not be cookie cutter teams

That's what- She

Several things in the NHL have already been mentioned (special patch for the Cup champions, no trapezoid, new point system, etc), but I'd like more overtime and less shootouts. It always sucks when your team loses that way.

Also, I know that it's an unpopular opinion but...more interleague play in baseball like the NHL and NBA. There's plenty of games and the leagues are so interspersed that travel wouldn't be an issue. :P

MLS

-ditch the conferences when the league gains 22 teams. 6 best teams make playoffs. Best 2 teams receive bye weeks. Tiebreaker rules are based on head to head matchup, unless it's the 6th and 7th place team, where an extra "playoffs playoff" game would be played.

-Have the MLS create a "modified" pro/rel system. USL pro and NASL champion play each other. Winner of that matchup plays against worst ranked MLS team. Winner moves on/stays in MLS.

-Ditch the ties and stick with overtime. Sure, we would be moving away from the European/South American standard, but American sports is solely based on winners and losers. I just don't believe it fits into US Sports culture.

Adding a promotion/relegation system, goes like this:

MLS - NASL - USLPRO

or

MLS - NASL - USLPRO - NPSL - USLPDL

Farm teams associated with each other cannot enter the same division.

Put lasers on top of the goal posts in football. No more confusion over whether or not a kick was good.

Good idea until a plane flies overhead

Not all lasers emit visible light.

The Ivy League football champion should be allowed to compete in the Division 1 FCS playoffs. Quite frankly it's not fair football is the only Ivy League sport that does not get the chance to compete for a National Champion. I have a hard time believing participating in the playoffs would interfere with an Ivy League student athlete's study time. Especially since multitasking extracurricular activities along side school is usually what most Ivy League students (not just the athletes) had to do in order to be accepted by their university.

Honestly, I'd like to see if an Ivy League school can roll with the FCS elites in the playoffs. Or if they'd just be one and done like the MEAC schools usually are.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The Ivy League football champion should be allowed to compete in the Division 1 FCS playoffs. Quite frankly it's not fair football is the only Ivy League sport that does not get the chance to compete for a National Champion. I have a hard time believing participating in the playoffs would interfere with an Ivy League student athlete's study time. Especially since multitasking extracurricular activities along side school is usually what most Ivy League students (not just the athletes) had to do in order to be accepted by their university.

Honestly, I'd like to see if an Ivy League school can roll with the FCS elites in the playoffs. Or if they'd just be one and done like the MEAC schools usually are.

The Ivy League champ is invited to participate in the FCS playoffs and has been ever since it dropped down to I-AA. It's just that the conference has a policy of declining the bid.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I would eliminate divisions in baseball as well as the wild card and go back to two separate leagues (no inter league either), winners play in World Series. Basically, back to 1968 and before.

All tournament style playoff systems should be replaced by full round robin tournaments (again, no willd cards). All 4 AFC division champions and all 4 NFC division champions would play a 3 game round robin, best from each play against each other in the Super Bowl for example. The best way, however, would be all 8 division champs in a 7 team round robin, winner is the champion.

Return to the bowl system as it once was, but only conference champions play in specific bowls. None of this #4-ACC vs. #5-SEC stuff, all teams that don't win their title go into a pool for the bowls to pick from. And the major bowls with the conference champions play on Jan. 1 and that ends the season.

Put lasers on top of the goal posts in football. No more confusion over whether or not a kick was good.

Good idea until a plane flies overhead

It would only have to go up about 20 to 50 feet. Not nearly high enough to hit a plane.

Make punting on 3rd/4th down in football extinct. I want to see a team go for it, not just willingly hand the ball over.

If it's 4th and 15 on their own 5 yard line, I want my team to willingly hand the ball over.

What kind of team would punt on 3rd down.

What kind of team would punt on 3rd down.

A Canadian team....

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived