Toronto Raptors rebrand

MkDon

Guy posted this on realgm forum regarding raptors upcoming jerseys: not sure if he's full of :censored: but he claims to know what they will look like

"I can confirm the jerseys will look like this however it will be a V-Neck. A friend of mine knows someone that works for NBA Canada and showed him pictures of our new jerseys, court and the 2016 NBA All-Star Game Logo. Those jerseys looks exactly how he described it with the exception of the v-neck. Home colour will be white and away will be all red, there will be an OVO black and gold alternate as well. I know this doesn't sound believable but just watch, he also said the All-Star logo looks like complete a**. Feel free to call me a liar and ridicule me but just wait and watch, these are the jerseys. He even said how the logo is like a belly button on the jersey. The trim I can't confirm though but the the lettering and logo placement is legit. They plan on releasing numerous versions through out the next couple years, he told me there will be a grey jersey and their will also be one that says "WE THE NORTH" instead of raptors." icon_ead2.gif

vGbFjmc.jpg

I sure hope not. These suck

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you really break down his statement, it's basically nothing we don't already know. He says the wordmark and placement of logo on front is correct, the wordmark has already been released and the belly button logo seems widely known as well. He doesn't know what the trim will look like. So what does he really tell us? We knew the home jersey would be white and the road would be red, alternate black and gold OVO. So he basically took everything we knew and said it was correct.

I finally was able to get a look at the actual Raptors uniforms recently.

Here's what I can confirm, just from memory

- four uniforms

- white home, red road, black alternate, black/gold "drake" alternate

- all four uniforms follow the exact same template, just the colours are changed around

- all four jerseys say "RAPTORS" across the front, none say "TORONTO"

- the jersey wordmarks leaked earlier are legit, that very basic block font

- number font is nothing I've seen used before (you really see it in the number "4") but still "blockish" in general

- the ball/claw logo is on the side of the shorts

- the trim on the side of the jerseys are broken up by two horizontal stripes close to the armpits, a nod to their current jersey design

What I'm still unsure about:

- while my source told me there is a small logo under the numbers, the versions I saw did not have this logo

I'll try and get some mockups put together, probably for an article on the site

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I finally was able to get a look at the actual Raptors uniforms recently.

Here's what I can confirm, just from memory

- four uniforms

- white home, red road, black alternate, black/gold "drake" alternate

- all four uniforms follow the exact same template, just the colours are changed around

- all four jerseys say "RAPTORS" across the front, none say "TORONTO"

- the jersey wordmarks leaked earlier are legit, that very basic block font

- number font is nothing I've seen used before (you really see it in the number "4") but still "blockish" in general

- the ball/claw logo is on the side of the shorts

- the trim on the side of the jerseys are broken up by two horizontal stripes close to the armpits, a nod to their current jersey design

What I'm still unsure about:

- while my source told me there is a small logo under the numbers, the versions I saw did not have this logo

I'll try and get some mockups put together, probably for an article on the site

I heard the neck will supposedly look like our current jerseys ( ex Lakers ), or is it just a V-neck ?

4kv29i.jpg

So based on the details, I'm guessing the Raptors will look something like this?

mY5DJEC.png

If these are what we are expected to see, then I'm okay with this. Its something that can grow on me. The only thing that would make these stand out if they made the numbers the opposite colours on each jersey. So red on white, black on red, red on black and gold on gold. I was worried with the outcome of the rumors but these are okay. Great job on the mock up Lights Out.

4kv29i.jpg

I like those a lot. I just don't see how the belly button logo would be a thing. And I hope it's like the jerseys above and not there. Perhaps someone mistook a mockup and it was a lower back logo? I'd be okay with that.

BTW, in an ideal world, I wouldn't want the Raptors to look anything like that mockup. They missed a golden opportunity to clean up and modernize their popular inaugural look:

061Mj7u.png

Something like this is exactly what they should have done.

BTW, in an ideal world, I wouldn't want the Raptors to look anything like that mockup. They missed a golden opportunity to clean up and modernize their popular inaugural look:

061Mj7u.png

Something like this is exactly what they should have done.

Logical way to go..evolution of a good to great jersey realized!
shado_logo.gif

Everyone wanted the purple back but I really think they got disconnected between what they wanted and what the fans wanted. Again, I have no problem with that mock-up. Its okay but its only what we can deal with based on what direction they are going. But seeing that purple really takes a punch to my stomach knowing what they could have done.

4kv29i.jpg

Everytime an NBA team rebrands, I thank God I'm a Trail Blazers fan.

The pinwheel is perfect.

If Nike takes over as the league's supplier when Adidas' contract runs out, would you fear the Blazers getting the typical PNW Nike treatment?

EDIT: just noticed your avatar - and being in Oregon, I'm guessing you might have some level of affiliation with Nike. :)

I just meant that as the possibility of a more drastic rebrand.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

061Mj7u.png

These and the other fan created mockups were better than what the actual ones will supposedly look like. Teams like Toronto should be bold, not bland and minimalist.

Archived