NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick photoshop. That stripe appearing on the uniform in 4 different places (helmet, collar, pants, sleeves) is overkill. Helmet sleeves pants works better.

Hmm...I always thought the elimination of collar stripes would look better, but actually seeing it visualized now, that collar is so "Packers" that it looks super weird to me without it. I might be in the minority here, but I think I'd rather have the collar stripes remain.

I tend to agree. While the current collar is overdone, this kinda looks like a Wal-Mart jersey

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The white pants/ white shoes Giants look is OK as a once a year variation, but is a definite downgrade over their standard set IMO. The Giants uniform, both home and road, is so great... not in spite of the idiosyncrasies (no red on home jersey, no blue on road jersey, etc...) but because of those idiosyncrasies.

More teams need to stop being slaves to blind continuity.

Its not available anywhere online. According to the Falcons boards is something they give out for exceptional plays on special teams. But that still doesn't make since as to why there's a completely new logo on it. I would say this was something the ST coordinator made on vistaprint but the Nike and the official ATL logos makes me think this was special order from Nike. Which means either 2 things, 1) They had nike come up with a special logo just for some limited edition special team shirts, orrrrrr 2) This is a logo they pitched to the falcons for a rebrand while discussing the new jerseys that have to be coming for the new stadium.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

ArodgCollar_zpst4jmwsxz.png

quick photoshop. That stripe appearing on the uniform in 4 different places (helmet, collar, pants, sleeves) is overkill. Helmet sleeves pants works better.

Hmm...I always thought the elimination of collar stripes would look better, but actually seeing it visualized now, that collar is so "Packers" that it looks super weird to me without it. I might be in the minority here, but I think I'd rather have the collar stripes remain.

I tend to agree. While the current collar is overdone, this kinda looks like a Wal-Mart jersey

Wait? So the only determining factor between this looking like a Walmart jersey is the collar or lack there of? Shouldn't that also mean the Packer jersey is just a poor Walmart jersey just with a fancy collar? If we're going by that logic, they need a complete redesign then, right?

I guess you won't understand right? Let's go with an example. Taking off the wishbone C would make the Bears helmet a boring cheap looking plain navy lid. Do they need a complete redesign because of that? No they don't, but the logo makes the helmet and it should stay as it is. The collar is an integral part of the Packers jerseys and it is perfect that way.

ArodgCollar_zpst4jmwsxz.png

Wait? So the only determining factor between this looking like a Walmart jersey is the collar or lack there of? Shouldn't that also mean the Packer jersey is just a poor Walmart jersey just with a fancy collar? If we're going by that logic, they need a complete redesign then, right?
I guess you won't understand right? Let's go with an example. Taking off the wishbone C would make the Bears helmet a boring cheap looking plain navy lid. Do they need a complete redesign because of that? No they don't, but the logo makes the helmet and it should stay as it is. The collar is an integral part of the Packers jerseys and it is perfect that way.

If it wasn't part of the original design, it ain't integral.

They couldn't improve on Lombardi's classic design; every change has been a downgrade, and virtually every change has been subsequently abandoned. Time to finish the job.

Interesting! The Texans will be using FieldTurf for "at least the rest of 2015."

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/644916579524837377

I find it really funny that this is happening in Houston AGAIN. The Astrodome famously had grass in it originally, but the windows on the roof were too difficult for the baseball players to see pop flies so they painted over them and then the grass died so they had to invent astroturf.

I was really surprised while watching Hard Knocks and saw the Texans practicing in sneakers in the stadium on a concrete floor. I had no idea their grass surface wasn't a permanent installation. That explains all the knee injuries.

So it was basically a basketball court, but grass. That sounds like a terrible idea.

622x350.jpg

The biggest issue in Texas this year is that our rainy season didn't start on time. From July to August it normally rains every day. This year it rained less than a week. The tray system has been in use around the world since the 1994 World Cup. I don't know why it hasn't improved. Sometimes the grass choice hasn't been the best either.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived