labc93

2016 MLS Jerseys

879 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Seems a majority of people I've talked to here love the blue kits, but to me the team simply didn't look like the Sounders, wearing the blue instead of the green, at home on Saturday. It was also made worse by the fact that dark blue/light blue are Vancouver's colors.

 

SEAvVAN-3-19-16_MikeRussellFoto-3.0.0.jp

 

What I don't get about these kits is why the back is a solid blue? The pattern on the front and arms is subtle enough not to interfere with the name and numbers, why not use it for the entire shirt?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

 

What I don't get about these kits is why the back is a solid blue? The pattern on the front and arms is subtle enough not to interfere with the name and numbers, why not use it for the entire shirt?

I wondered about this too. It's not like the specks of white would muddle up the namplate or numbers. ARe all of the new kits using solid backgrounds? I know that Portland's does but I wasn't certain of Dallas'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Yes, I get that. But, since the inception of the MLS Sounders, they have owned Rave Green. It's their unique thing, especially at home. I like the new blue for a 3rd or even an occasional away kit but I think Rave Green has to be their home look. 

 

Thats how I feel. The Sounders should use any alt color they want for the clash kit, but it really should include SOME sort of green. Every Sounders kit that hasn't had looked really out of place to me. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wondered about this too. It's not like the specks of white would muddle up the namplate or numbers. ARe all of the new kits using solid backgrounds? I know that Portland's does but I wasn't certain of Dallas'.

 

The blank backs appear to be a template thing. As seen in last week's Dallas/Montreal match -- both teams don't need the solid back but have it anyway.

 

 

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 2.46.44 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Digby said:

 

The blank backs appear to be a template thing. As seen in last week's Dallas/Montreal match -- both teams don't need the solid back but have it anyway.

 

 

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 2.46.44 PM.png

It might be a league thing then. You can see the stripe patterns on the bottom of both jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like the blank area on striped jerseys. Cleaner. Easier to read.

 

512657832-southampton-v-chelsea-premier-paulo-dybala-mario-mandzukic_3420538.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While that might be the case with colour/white stripes (personally I think it reads just fine), with color/color stripes like Montreal readability is not a problem, just stylistic choices. At least it's better than leaving the back completely blank like nike does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my guess is it's an MLS thing then. I know that the EPL doesn't mandate solid colour backs, but Champions League does, which has led some clubs in the past to have to alter their kits for European competitions.

 

I completely get it with examples like the above Southampton kit; it's impossible to read the numbers watching on TV. But in all the MLS cases cited above, readability would not be affected. And the kits would look way nicer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they don't actually change the name to the LA Wings, but rather let that be the nickname. Like Red Devils for Man U.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankie Hejduk says the new

crew kit is "flying off the shelves" but I've yet to see one person wearing it. At the Dicks  Sporting Goods closest thing me, the rack was overstuffed with the new stuff. Not to mention their 0-2 in these things. Just call a spade a spade and dump these things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sonny said:

Frankie Hejduk says the new

crew kit is "flying off the shelves" but I've yet to see one person wearing it. At the Dicks  Sporting Goods closest thing me, the rack was overstuffed with the new stuff. Not to mention their 0-2 in these things. Just call a spade a spade and dump these things. 

Maybe they're flying to the back of the store. Also, fans may like the shirts but not the sky blue shorts they're paired with. Personally I don't like either of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He works for the Crew.  Does anyone expect him to say that the new jerseys are dogs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Maybe they're flying to the back of the store. Also, fans may like the shirts but not the sky blue shorts they're paired with. Personally I don't like either of them.

I'd agree. Interesting jersey but should be paired with white shorts IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even using the black shorts would improve them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night San Jose and DC United marked the 20th anniversary of the first MLS game. The children accompanying the players on the field wore Clash throwbacks! Also the Quakes had light blue numbers with the Clash logo, for some reason.

 

CfGJHjvVIAIn14M.jpg

 

CfFqCQjUAAAT75l.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RainbowNumbers_SilverName.jpgRainbow%20Unis.pngSporting KC will be wearing these black shirts for warmup this weekend. And their third kits with rainbow numbers in-game.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least you'll be able to see the numbers. Why are these teams doing this now instead of last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now