2016 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

dherrera_96

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:22 AM, kroywen said:

This will probably be the best looking color rush game yet. That Broncos jersey should be their full-time home jersey. Pair that with white pants, and it would be perfect. (I'm really hoping that's the end game for a few of these Color Rush uniforms, namely the Broncos, Saints, and Patriots.) And while I prefer the Chargers' powder blue uniforms, their color rush uniforms look pretty good, all told.

This is shaping up to be a pretty good week. Looking forward to the Packers' throwbacks (I just wish they didn't have that green facemask that sticks out like a sore thumb). Chiefs-Raiders is always a treat uniform-wise, regardless of which team is home. Niners-Bills should be a good one as well.

Yeah I agree the Broncos should adopt their Color Rush jerseys as a modern update to their current set. Add white pants and navy blue stripes to the orange jerseys. Navy blue alternate. However, I would change the numerals, looks too much like the Browns.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mitch B said:

I agree completely.  I understand the need for change when they rebranded as the Titans, but a reversion back to the Oilers look is in order at this time.

They aren't the Oilers.  And haven't been for 20 years now.  They are the Titans.

The Baltimore Ravens aren't going to rebrand as a royal blue and white team either.

35 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

The best color rush matchup so far

BKTc809A7_U.jpg

BKTCXsZBlG4.jpg

Such a great contrast of colors. The whole monochrome thing still sucks but these are both about as beautiful as a monochrome uniform can be. And they're both massive upgrades over each of the teams respective primary sets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/11/2016 at 11:47 AM, VikWings said:

Probably their best look. I hate when they were that jersey with navy pants.

The latter? Yes. The former? No. In my opinion, the original home uniform effectively uses light blue as a complimentary/highlight color. With the colors flipped, the dark blue only serves to weigh down the look of the gaudier, more cartoonish light blue base.

17 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

They aren't the Oilers.  And haven't been for 20 years now.  They are the Titans.

The Baltimore Ravens aren't going to rebrand as a royal blue and white team either.

Not a good comparison, the ravens were never the colts, the titans have kept the luv-ya blue, red, and white color scheme and only added navy to it and have be moving away from navy recently

18 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

Dennis,

'dont care' is spot on.

You're overlooking the obvious, which makes that a very poor comparison.

The Titans still own the Houston Oilers trademark, colors, name, history, not to mention they continued to use the Oilers colors and name after making the move to Tennessee before obtaining permission to the 'Titans' name from the NY Jets a few seasons later...

On the other hand the Colts own their Baltimore history, colors,, and nickname of the Colts that the franchise has from 1953-1983 before moving to Indy for the '84 season.

1 hour ago, dsaline97 said:

The Bills announced they're going to ruin a great uni matchup by wearing blue over blue. 

You beat me to it, I heard about that a short time ago.  * SMH

Just a stupid decision, not much else to say. 

CurXR0-W8AQFJ-u.jpg

13 hours ago, C-Squared said:

The latter? Yes. The former? No. In my opinion, the original home uniform effectively uses light blue as a complimentary/highlight color. With the colors flipped, the dark blue only serves to weigh down the look of the gaudier, more cartoonish light blue base.

I love the Titans light blue unis, but I think they work best as an alternate. I kind of got sick of them when they became the primary for a few years. Of course it didn't help that they always wore them with the navy pants, if they wore them with white all the time I might have a different opinion.

The navy pants definitely need to be burned though. White over light blue looks so much better on the road and it would eliminate mono (save all light blue, which actually might not look that bad with navy socks)

12 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

For those who thought last night's matchup was going to look great - do you still think so after seeing the game? It hurt my eyes watching it.

They looked nice in a vacuum, but yeah, it was kind of a lot to have both of them together. I pulled up the game on my phone for a minute and showed my wife, and her "Oh my" reaction said it all.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

For those who thought last night's matchup was going to look great - do you still think so after seeing the game? It hurt my eyes watching it.

I absolutely loved this matchup from the waist up. Should not have been a monochrome matchup, though. But the shade of blue the Chargers wore was gorgeous, especially when paired with a yellow facemask/white helmet, and yellow numbers/bolts. The balance just felt right to me. And I loved the Broncos helmet with the W-O-W stripe, and the classic looking jersey without side panels. From the waist up, it just felt like this how these teams should always look. 

Archived