NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hawks need to take the template of tonight's uniforms and apply it to primary home and road uniforms. I'd also love to see their home and roads stick to red, volt and white and then have an alternate like this as the third jersey. Their current getup looked cool at first, but I'm so over them.

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The Hawks need to take the template of tonight's uniforms and apply it to primary home and road uniforms. I'd also love to see their home and roads stick to red, volt and white and then have an alternate like this as the third jersey. Their current getup looked cool at first, but I'm so over them.

I second this, but with their normal font and yellow instead of volt

1 hour ago, lbj273 said:

Wearing multiple pairs of socks is a classic move when you have blisters. Not saying that's the reason, and I never personally wore more than 2 pairs when I had blisters but it's a plausible reason to have multiple pairs of socks.

I always found multiple pairs to be counter-productive in solving the issue. Many blisters are caused by slippage of the feet inside the sock and slippage of the sock inside the shoe, both of which cause rubbing, chafing, and excess friction, which, in turn, cause blisters to form.

Minimizing the slippage is the secret to avoiding blisters. Something like TruSox, which have grippers on the inside and outside to keep everything in place, are where it’s at.

1 hour ago, OaklandIsBack said:

At first I read "terrific" 

that logo is indeed "horrific"

I think it’s quite clever. It’s very raw and polarizing, but it took some pretty deep vision to find and compose this. It really works for the purpose of the uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nice looking game at Oracle tonight (also an incredible duel between these two guys):

hi-res-4622fde462e7568f6b46c8fb1d043330_

GREAT game, horrible contrast. There was a play late in the game when (I think) Durant drove to the rim but couldn't finish and was in trouble, so he jumped in the air and tried to pass the ball back out but the first person he saw was a Celtics player and he accidentally passed it to him anyway. I think had they worn white vs. green then he would rather taken a travel than passed it to the opposite team's player.

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Hawks are debuting their City uniforms tonight:

DUly5XPWkAAfENE?format=jpg

By the way, Schröder wearing theee pairs of socks like that is incredibly stupid.

It's the only way to ball, actually. In my experience, wearing multiple pairs of socks while playing basketball helps me so much. I stopped getting blisters, and my feet don't ache nearly as much after playing ball for a few hours. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

22 hours ago, upperV03 said:

By the way, Schröder wearing theee pairs of socks like that is incredibly stupid.

This is funny, because according to nike press release this socks was designed to minimalize risk of blisters and players don't need to wear two or three pairs of them. It looks like that is a marketing gibberish, because Schroeder is not the only player to wear multiple pairs and I didn't count guys like Jason Terry who's wear two pairs (one of them is probalby cut in a half) to make socks longer.

4r2eer.png

8 hours ago, sayahh said:

GREAT game, horrible contrast. There was a play late in the game when (I think) Durant drove to the rim but couldn't finish and was in trouble, so he jumped in the air and tried to pass the ball back out but the first person he saw was a Celtics player and he accidentally passed it to him anyway. I think had they worn white vs. green then he would rather taken a travel than passed it to the opposite team's player.

Yeah, this is one where I thought the color-on-color contrast wasn’t quite high enough for my liking. Would’ve been a nice night to see the GSW Bay yellows.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

43 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

This is funny, because according to nike press release this socks was designed to minimalize risk of blisters and players don't need to wear two or three pairs of them. It looks like that is a marketing gibberish, because Schroeder is not the only player to wear multiple pairs and I didn't count guys like John Terry who's wear two pairs (one of them is probalby cut in a half) to make socks longer.

If it is really to reduce blister risk, why don't they make thicker socks? Wouldn't that reduce the risk?

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

If it is really to reduce blister risk, why don't they make thicker socks? Wouldn't that reduce the risk?

You literally quoted the answer to this.

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

This is funny, because according to nike press release this socks was designed to minimalize risk of blisters and players don't need to wear two or three pairs of them. It looks like that is a marketing gibberish, because Schroeder is not the only player to wear multiple pairs and I didn't count guys like John Terry who's wear two pairs (one of them is probalby cut in a half) to make socks longer.

Nike does make the socks thicker in areas one is likely to get blisters from friction with their shoes. Some players want even more thickness, so they wear multiple pairs of socks. I'd be willing to bet that Nike's sales data tell them that this is close to the ideal padding that most people are looking for in performance socks. But keep in mind that NBA players aren't "most people." Maybe they should make "PE" socks for the nba with extra padding or something.

nike-elite-versatility-crew-socks(The areas with the brighter white are padded)

And speaking from personal experience, Nike Basketball socks are extremely cushy, and I've never gotten blisters after wearing just one pair for a couple games, something that has happened to me in Adidas and Under Armour basketball socks.

Watching the Bucks-Bulls game and, boy, the Bucks' cream unis are gorgeous, as I called it. Just drop the black alts and make these a permanent set right here on the spot. The only thing I'm not sure of is the M shape of the panels on the shorts that have the rainbow pattern inside them. The two angled shapes at the top start looking like pointy ears or the Adidas flower logo.

They do look quite nice, but they really need to not wear white accessories with them. The white clashes horribly with the cream base, which is something I’ve also been bothered by with the cream throwbacks that Adidas has made for some of their college teams. If they can’t get matching cream accessories, then green would be a much better choice for this particular Bucks uniform, and it’s what was meant to be paired with it anyways, at least according to the Nike mockup of the uniform and the fact that the Bucks’ City edition socks are green and black:

e9106d2ba22d955bf638600b71f65405.jpg

2WUQL7E.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

DUqY2PeW0AAvZgS.jpg:large

I know these look a bit too Laker-ish, but add some green to the side panels (or just replace the gold with green) and you'd have what should be the Pelicans full-time uniforms. I've always preferred the Mardi Gras color scheme over their navy/red/gold combo and I think most people would agree. 

Here’s a couple better looks at the Pelicans’ City uniforms in action:

DUqPehtXcAAaIgw?format=jpg

920x920.jpg

Also, the Pistons wore red socks and tights with their white uniforms today and it looked awful (at least IMO):

DUqsdAYWAAIT-we?format=jpg

The Thunder are finally wearing blue arm sleeves with their Statement uniforms today and it looks so much better:

DUq3OGGW4AAxBxf?format=jpg

And lastly, the Lakers have been wearing new purple-topped white socks over the past week or so:

DUquCm5WAAASX3f?format=jpg

Previously they had just been wearing plain white socks with a purple swoosh:

905367438-los-angeles-lakers-v-memphis-g

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived