College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Memphis looks AWESOME today!

I think they could lose the tiger striped helmet at keep it to the sleeves and the uniform would look great.

UCLA's unis look phenomenal in action though.  Wish they used Claredon for the numbers but otherwise a very nice uniform head to toe

I mean, they're not the worst Bengals ripoff that Memphis has used. That distinction probably goes to the chrome ones. Or maybe the anthracite ones. But that's really getting into an argument about the prettiest ugly person.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

I mean, they're not the worst Bengals ripoff that Memphis has used. That distinction probably goes to the chrome ones. Or maybe the anthracite ones. But that's really getting into an argument about the prettiest ugly person.

I get why people are calling them bengals ripoffs, but honestly they look infinitely better than the bengals. They don't have those ugly side panels and inconsistent color placements.

7 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I get why people are calling them bengals ripoffs, but honestly they look infinitely better than the bengals. They don't have those ugly side panels and inconsistent color placements.

I'm only speaking of their helmets. Cincy probably would look better with Memphis' jersey template. 

I Loved UCLA (neck-down, anyway) maybe 10 years ago with block numbers and the dark blue trim.  But I have to admit they are more consistent now...and they still look good.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Memphis' uniforms were outstanding today, ever aspect. I loved the helmet, different enough from the Bengals. The sleeves were great as well. The incorporation of grey was sweet and the woodmark looked good. Best uniforms worn this morning, by FAR!

North Texas and Iowa both look great. The classic Iowa look against those gorgeous Mean Green helmets. Also, Virginia looked nice this morning. Numbers on helmets worked IMO.

1 hour ago, Ciaranowls said:

very happy that oregon has yellow AND green on the white jersey. they havent had that in years and its driven me crazy

Their white jerseys that were used in the 2015 Alamo Bowl, and last season as well, had green numbers outlined in yellow:

IMG_7326.thumb.JPG.eaa19b72dce463cee8cf5aec1d7c2c07.JPG

And one of their white jerseys from their Speed Machine set had iridescent forest geeen numbers outlined in yellow:

IMG_7327.JPG.e982b3c0f655dfea66de1f6eade50075.JPG

They've had various white jerseys over the years that didn't include both green and yellow, but these are two recent examples that did include both.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Memphis' uniforms were outstanding today, ever aspect.  Best uniforms worn this morning, by FAR!

6 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Memphis looks AWESOME today!

OK, I'm confused.  Was there more than one team called Memphis playing today? Because the Memphis I saw was dressed like this;

usp_ncaa_football__ucla_at_memphis_93825

On what planet do those whipped cream swirls make anyone think of Tigers?

My wife walked by while this game was on, did a double take at the screen, and here's the exchange that followed.

WIFE:  "What are those weird streaks supposed to be on those helmets?" (Side note - my wife is from Cincinnati)

ME: "Tiger Stripes"

WIFE: "Blue and white tiger stripes?  Are they idiots?"

ME: "Apparently"

Archived