2017 NFL Offseason: Firin', hirin', signin', draftin'!

CS85

If mods want to move posts from the 2016 regular season thread into here, that's fine.  OR NOT, DO WHAT YOU WANT

COACHES

DENVER:  Adam Schefter has reported that Kubiak is potentially stepping down as the Broncos head coach.  No confirmation but if he says it, it's inevitable.  Says it's for health reasons, but other reports say that Elway is more to blame.

SAN DIEGO:  Chargers will fire Mike McCoy within a day or two; they will move to Los Angeles and rebrand.

JACKSONVILLE:  Jaguars fired Gus Bradley and appear to be on the fast track to hiring Tom Coughlin again, but who knows.

CHICAGO:  Rapaport confirms Bears won't fire John Fox and most of his staff is expected to return, including defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

NEW YAWK:  Jets appear to be keeping Bowles but he'll make sweeping changes to his staff, likely including OC Chan Gailey getting canned.

CLEVELAND:  Browns aren't expected to make big changes (for a change!) but the coaches will apparently grovel to ownership about big changes to the personnel department in management.

CINCY:  Bengals will not fire Marvin Lewis (shocking!) but no extension is planned.

SANTA CLARA:  The 49ers fired Chip Kelly and GM Trent Balke, because that's what Browns West does.

DETROIT:  Apparently the Lions will fire all these bastards and go after Patriots coaches heavily if team loses division to Packers tonight.

Hottest coordinators available will likely be Tom Coughlin, Kyle Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Patriots coordinators Matt Patricia & Josh McDaniels, Jim Bob Cooter Hootnanny Weiner Poop, Mike Smith, and God knows who else.

FREE AGENTS, DRAFT, AND ALL THAT CRAP

Tony Romo and Jimmy Garoppolo will be the veteran QBs of note shifting around the league.

Eric Berry, Alshon Jeffery, some others who I don't feel like researching could hit the market and get huge money.

How many QBs with late 1st round or later grades will irrationally go in the top 5 of the draft because OMG WE NEED QBS?  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Hottest coordinators available will likely be Tom Coughlin, Kyle Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Patriots coordinators Matt Patricia & Josh McDaniels, Jim Bob Cooter Hootnanny Weiner Poop, Mike Smith, and God knows who else.

They seem to be touched on quite frequently, & not entirely as automatics because of 21st century Patriots coaches going elsewhere & flopping.  I think if they win this year's SB, one or both will walk.  My gut says McDaniels stays with the Patriots until Brady retires, Patricia probably goes if they win this year.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Technically, Chip Kelly and the Niners' GM haven't been canned yet, but will most likely be at the conclusion of today's game.

As for Tony Romo, I'd expect him to go to either Denver or Arizona. Why? Idano. Just a hunch.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1 minute ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Technically, Chip Kelly and the Niners' GM haven't been canned yet, but will most likely be at the conclusion of today's game.

As for Tony Romo, I'd expect him to go to either Denver or Arizona. Why? Idano. Just a hunch.

I'm saying Denver or jets. Jets like spending money on past their prime qbs

Also forgot to list that the Ryan brothers were fired in Buffalo.  Here's what they're up to:

Jason La Canfora also reports Saints have plan in place if they do end up trading coach Sean Payton.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Also forgot to list that the Ryan brothers were fired in Buffalo.  Here's what they're up to:

Jason La Canfora also reports Saints have plan in place if they do end up trading coach Sean Payton.

Also saw a tweet on the ESPN homepage that Gus Bradley will likely be DC for any head coaching job that Lynn gets.

Edit: and FWIW the radio beat reporter said pretty much the same thing about Lynn getting the Bills job.

22 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

Aparrently, Houston and Bill O'Brien might part ways after this season

That would be pretty dumb.  He's gotten the team to the playoffs the last two seasons with seemingly no long-term answer at QB...that's really hard to do in the NFL, soft division aside.  And all three years, he's had a winning season.

It's hard to get a franchise QB.  If they get rid of O'Brien, I would love to see

1. Who they hire

2. How they plan on addressing the QB position.  If I remember correctly, O'Brien wasn't behind the Osweiler signing.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Also saw a tweet on the ESPN homepage that Gus Bradley will likely be DC for any head coaching job that Lynn gets.

Edit: and FWIW the radio beat reporter said pretty much the same thing about Lynn getting the Bills job.

Seahawks Asst. GM Trent Kirchner is a hot name to become another team's GM and one of the names connected with him is Gus Bradley (Darrell Bevell is too).

I don't know much about Bill O'Brien, other than that he seemed to do a really good job at Penn State under some really difficult circumstances.  Doesn't seem douchy.  I wouldn't mind it if the Eagles hired him if they replace Doug Pederson.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't know much about Bill O'Brien, other than that he seemed to do a really good job at Penn State under some really difficult circumstances.  Doesn't seem douchy.  I wouldn't mind it if the Eagles hired him if they replace Doug Pederson.

I think you would take anyone other than chip back over Doug pederson 

Pretty sure the Ravens keep Harbaugh this season, but I would think if he has another crap season or two he's gone. The guy's undoubtedly the best coach we've ever had but these last two seasons have been rough. But, if we have a good offseason I think we can do well next year, and Ozzie doesn't seem like the type of guy that fires someone because of two bad seasons, especially not someone of Harbaugh's reputation and legacy in the franchise. 

spacer.png

1 = Cleveland
2 = San Francisco
3 = Chicago
4 = Jacksonville
5 = Tennessee (LA)
6 = N.Y. Jets
7 = San Diego
8 = Carolina
9 = Cincinnati
10 = Buffalo
11 = New Orleans
12 = Cleveland (PHI)
13 = Arizona
14/15 = Philadelphia (MIN) / Indianapolis coin flip
16 = Baltimore
17 = Washington
18 = Tennessee
19 = Tampa Bay
20 = Denver
21* = Detroit (if GB wins) OR Houston (if DET wins)
22* = Houston (if GB wins) OR Green Bay (if DET wins)
23* = Miami
24* = winner of Green Bay/Detroit
25* = Seattle
26* = Atlanta
27* = N.Y. Giants
28* = Pittsburgh
29* = Oakland
30* = Kansas City
31* = Dallas
32* = New England

* - final spot depends on playoffs

15 hours ago, dont care said:

I think you would take anyone other than chip back over Doug pederson 

Nah - Andy Reid can go choke on a pork chop.

Other than that, I think I would take a system where fans are selected each week and tweet the plays and timeouts down to a laptop on the sidelines (or an Apple watch that the QB wears) over Doug Pederson.

121816_doug-pederson_1200.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a Hawks fan, I don't mind the San Fransisco disfunction. But as someone who things nepotism is terrible and wealth extraction from municipalities is even worse, I'm glad to see the 49ers continue to be garbage. The Yorks will be fine no matter what, but at least they get to lose at football.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived